News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Google Voice- Can't hear other person

Started by QCMP, July 11, 2012, 08:34:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

QCMP

Hello,
I've been having this nagging problem for the last few months...I use Google Voice as a landline (cordless phone)...during calls, I'm able to talk for a few minutes and then the other person on the line can't hear me or at times, the connection will break up and come back. I don't know if it's the phone causing it, Google Voice or an issue with Obi(110). Does anybody have any possible insights into the problem. I would really appreciate any information that you can give.
Thanks

pc44

Hi QCMP,

Usually people with one-way audio problems are directed to look at the NAT in their router.  While there could certainly be other forces in play here, you could check your router.  If you provide us with the model of router you have, that may also help.

Disabling SIP ALG if present in your router usually helps, and temporarily placing your OBi inside your router's DMZ is another idea to help isolate the cause of the problem.

I would imagine you have already checked this, but make sure you are running the latest/current firmware for your OBI110.  You can check your current firmware at Status -> System Status.  The current firmware release for the OBI110 appears to be 1.3.0 (Build: 2711).

Let us know, :)
pc44

carl

I had a similar problem coup[le of times lately and the culprit was not my router suddenly going berserk but my new V-tech cordless phone. I could  hear the other party without problems and they had dead air. Apparently, some cordless phone have to be reset from time to time. I had not only unplug the phones, but also remove all the batteries from the handsets in order to get it properly re booted.