News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Obi202 Call Forward Doesn't Work

Started by dial.tone, July 13, 2012, 08:50:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dial.tone

Quote from: QBZappy on July 15, 2012, 06:02:19 AM
*72+*73 is seems to be working as it is supposed to.

Yup, I just tried it and tested it, and *72 and *73 both worked.  I can live with it!  Maybe in a near-future software update they can get rid of that pesky tone and get the ObiMan to come back to work.

dial.tone

Quote from: dial.tone on July 15, 2012, 01:29:31 PM
Yup, I just tried it and tested it, and *72 and *73 both worked.  I can live with it!  Maybe in a near-future software update they can get rid of that pesky tone and get the ObiMan to come back to work.

I hate to bring this up again, but shortly after I  posted my successful trial, CallForward stopped working again.  Maybe it is something I did since, about that time, I deleted my SP1 GV settings and re-setup SP1 using the generic template with settings from a Simon Telephony account I established so I could get Caller ID on SP1.  The Caller ID is working fine, but now I don't know where my calls are being forwarded to when I go through the *72cell-number CF process.  When I do that and call back in to my deskphone (the SP1 number), neither my cell phone nor my deskphone rings.  However, after 5 rings, my own GV voicemail picks up.  Any ideas how to get CF to work again?

dial.tone

Ostracus

What does call history on the Obi say?

dial.tone

Ostracus

If you know the IP address of your Obi then you'll find it under status.

dial.tone

I'll have to search again to see how to get my 202's IP address.  If I recall what I read, I dial something and, I think, I hear the IP address over the handset speaker.  Needless to say, I haven't done it yet.  I take it call history isn't available via the ObiTalk portal?

pc44

Quote from: dial.tone on July 31, 2012, 11:07:39 AM
I'll have to search again to see how to get my 202's IP address.  If I recall what I read, I dial something and, I think, I hear the IP address over the handset speaker.  Needless to say, I haven't done it yet.  I take it call history isn't available via the ObiTalk portal?

Hi dial.tone,

You pick up the telephone attached to the OBI and dial ***1.  That should audibly report your OBI's current IP address!

Yes, for the time being, Obihai seems to have removed the Call History feature from the ObiTalk Portal.  No word yet if they will bring that back in the future or not.

Hope it helps,
pc44 :)

dial.tone

Quote from: pc44 on July 31, 2012, 12:30:02 PM
Hi dial.tone,

You pick up the telephone attached to the OBI and dial ***1.  That should audibly report your OBI's current IP address!

Yes, for the time being, Obihai seems to have removed the Call History feature from the ObiTalk Portal.  No word yet if they will bring that back in the future or not.

Hope it helps,
pc44 :)

I'm away from home this week; when I get back, I'll give it a try and post the results.

dial.tone

When I got back into town, there was a firmware update waiting for me on Obitalk.  I ran that and then checked to see if call forwarding was working.  It is!  Life's good!

pc44

Quote from: dial.tone on August 09, 2012, 12:32:05 PM
When I got back into town, there was a firmware update waiting for me on Obitalk.  I ran that and then checked to see if call forwarding was working.  It is!  Life's good!

Hi dial.tone,

Glad you mentioned that.  I did not receive any email (thread update) notification on the new firmware release.  However, when I tried ***6 on my OBi, it does now report that there is a new software update available.  I don't think Obihai has updated the Forum firmware / advisories / notification threads quite yet.

Thanks for the notice! :)
pc44

dial.tone

Well, I guess one successful occurance doesn't make a trend.  I tried several times today to forward my Obi deskphone to my cell phone by using the *72 method and nothing.  Good grief, this is frustrating!  It is such an important part of our routine to forward the house phone to the cell phone whenever we leave that not having this major, advertised capability taints an otherwise excellent Obi experience.  While the Obi might get high marks in some areas, it sure wouldn't get them in reliability!  Grrr!