News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

SIP error 408

Started by wiseguy, July 26, 2012, 06:34:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wiseguy

Can't seem to find the answer to my question on here. Have the ObiAPP installed and running, have X-Lite setup per the instructions but it won't connect - get the SIP error 408. I've turned off my firewall on the computer, still doesn't seem to be doing the trick. The OBion iPhone app works, so I don't think it's a router issue. Anybody have any suggestions?

pc44

Hi wiseguy,

Perhaps you could tell us your current configuration inside the OBiAPP and inside X-Lite.  Just block out any personal info/numbers with xx's.

If the Obion app is working via the same wireless network/router, then we probably should take another close look at your ObiAPP settings and your X-Lite settings.  408 - Request Timeout

Let us know,
pc44

wiseguy

Thanks for the reply pc44. Here is the current configuration (I've tried several different combinations).

X-Lite

OBiAPP

Hope this helps! Thanks!

QBZappy

wiseguy,

Register with domain and receive calls
Proxy Address 124.0.0.1 <- Are you sure about this?
Owner of the 1st OBi110/100 units in service in Canada & South America. 1st OBi202 on my street. 1st OBi1032 in Montreal.

pc44

Quote from: QBZappy on July 29, 2012, 07:05:33 PM

Good call QBZappy!  That's the same thing that jumped out at me... 124 instead of 127.

That should solve it,
pc44

wiseguy

Quote from: QBZappy on July 29, 2012, 07:05:33 PM
wiseguy,

Register with domain and receive calls

Wow, can't believe I didn't catch that. Well now I corrected it and I'm getting an error now. "Account failed to enable, Account: OBiAPP could not be enabled. Unknown error. Contact your administrator."

Now if I uncheck register with domain and recieve calls it says the account is enable, phone is ready. But when I dial a number it says it's dialing but also shows an incoming call on my x-lite with my obi number. What's going on here?

GregoryZ

Hey Wiseguy,

You'll find post on here that I have given up on using the OBiAPP.  But I'm willing to do what I can to help ya.

One thing I would try is to Un-check the >Topology > Use Range of Ports.

I had luck specifiying the Port in both places 127.0.0.1:5060

Also in the OBiAPP itself, I've played with the >Advanced >IP Address.  Some of the SoftPhones I've used it worked when I set one or both from the Default to the IP address that appears in the drop-drown. (Your computer's IP Address).

Of course keep in mind, that you should always start the OBiAPP before starting X-Lite.

Good Luck, and keep us posted.  I'm trying to find someone who is able to get this all to work correctly.

I'm thinking we need to start a whole new Topic Thread just for the OBiAPP set-up.  :)

-G

OBi100, OBi110, OBi200, OBi202

QBZappy

GregoryZ,

I was just writing the same thing. You and pc44 have taken speed typing courses, I can tell.  :D

Quote from: GregoryZ on August 22, 2012, 08:15:59 PM
One thing I would try is to Un-check the >Topology > Use Range of Ports.

Mine works without any check mark in that setting.

Domain = 127.0.0.1:5060 (whatever port set up in the OBiAPP)
Proxy address: sip:127.0.0.1:5060 (whatever port set up in the OBiAPP)

My rport is unchecked (Don't know if that makes a difference)

I don't think it can work without putting a check mark in the:
Register with domain and receive incoming calls

This setup works for me.

Owner of the 1st OBi110/100 units in service in Canada & South America. 1st OBi202 on my street. 1st OBi1032 in Montreal.

GregoryZ

Speed: Good
Accuracy: Fair, but needs improvement.
Sencerity: Excellent!

I think you explain things better then I do, QBZappy.   8)

-G

GregoryZ

Quote from: GregoryZ on August 22, 2012, 08:15:59 PM

I'm thinking we need to start a whole new Topic Thread just for the OBiAPP set-up.  :)

-G

OOOPS!  There is Already a Thread for the OBiAPP  http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?board=9.0

My Bad.