News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Manipulate incoming Caller ID

Started by mrjoe, October 16, 2012, 08:45:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mrjoe

Local calls come in as 972xxxxxxxx
Is there anything I can change on the Obi110 that would made it display in the Local format without the 972?

Thanks

QBZappy

mrjoe,

Some cordless phones let you control how the CID is displayed. Look for a setting on the phone. The Obi can not control this for you.
Owner of the 1st OBi110/100 units in service in Canada & South America. 1st OBi202 on my street. 1st OBi1032 in Montreal.

LeoKing

Quote from: QBZappy on October 16, 2012, 09:21:14 AM
mrjoe,

Some cordless phones let you control how the CID is displayed. Look for a setting on the phone. The Obi can not control this for you.

I agree. Some phones let you enter the local area code for 7 digit dialing and CID display.

mrjoe

Thanks for your responses

I have "Area Code" in the Base settings of my Panasonic Cordless phone I put 972 in it but it had absolutely no effect.
Anyone know how it works?

Thanks

QBZappy

mrjoe,

On my Panasonic phone:
1) I note in the general menu
Initial setting=>Caller ID edit=>Auto edit = (select ON)

2)  I can control the CID displayed by finding any call on the CID that is listed on the phone, then I press the edit button to cycle through different CID display styles that I want to keep. Select the display style that you want. I think your calls should now display the way you would like to see them.

I don't know if your model works in the same manner. Hope this helps.
Owner of the 1st OBi110/100 units in service in Canada & South America. 1st OBi202 on my street. 1st OBi1032 in Montreal.