News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Alarm System

Started by MattL, October 22, 2012, 05:54:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MattL

I'm hoping someone on here can direct me to the answer...
I have a Obitalk 110 and have used the following link as a guide
http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=3652.0
I monitor the local site every time I set the alarm off but it never goes off hook. The alarm system I have uses a RJ31X jack. Regardless of what DTMF setting (inband, rfc2833, etc...) I can make calls from GV and the alarm never even picks up. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

tillithz

I have followed multiple guides, and it came down to 1 or two settings in the obitalk device. For me I had to MAKE SURE not to use a web browser and log in directly to the obi110, what worked was the expert configuration through the site.  Settings didnt keep until I did it that way.

As for the phone not going off hook, have you verified that 1) the alarm is wired correctly? 2) that it is actually trying to pick up the phone line?

you can check 2) by attaching a phone to the same side of the alarm phone line in and listen to the phone and see if it tries to pick up and dial.

a side note, Next alarm is not really a great option for alarm monitoring service. They dont even do the monitoring themselves, they are expensive, and the company they do use to monitor are very rude. I use another company, but I am not trying to sell them so I wont say who.

MrTKO

Is it Alarm Relay?  I hope so cuz I don't want to pay them $150 for their internet module.

tillithz

no. but you dont need an abn if you get this working.

MattL

I have a name brand alarm system, not the one he mentioned :).
From what I can tell it is not even trying to pick up the line but after sleeping on it I think it might be wired wrong. I am going to double check tonight. I will post my findings.

MattL

Turns out it was the wiring. The RJ31x was wired correctly and I had the source on the "over-ride" line and it was essentially over-riding the outbound line to get out.
In case anyone is wondering I have a GE Concord 4 (Vector Home Security) and it works with obitalk 110 using google voice as the provider.
Hook up the system as the tech instructs and it will work.

QBZappy

Quote from: MattL on October 23, 2012, 05:31:53 PM
In case anyone is wondering I have a GE Concord 4 (Vector Home Security) and it works with obitalk 110 using google voice as the provider.

MattL, you left out the entry code and address.  :D
Owner of the 1st OBi110/100 units in service in Canada & South America. 1st OBi202 on my street. 1st OBi1032 in Montreal.