News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

ObiBT with IP Phone

Started by mrjoe, November 28, 2012, 09:44:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mrjoe

I'm trying to use the following:

http://blog.obihai.com/2012/09/use-your-obi202-with-obibt-as-cellular.html

to call through my Cellphone from my Snom320, this works great for Outgoing Calls, the call quality is unbelievable, however the Snom320 can not register the Phone with the Proxy of the Obi202.  This results in a 5 second pause when it looks like it is registered then a message that it is not registered, I also get a fast busy as a result of this.

The following server (with my Obitalk number replacing their example and my SP's port number) would not work for me: - EXT 1/Proxy = 500111345.pnn.obihai.com:5061 so I had to use the IP of the Obi and the port number of the SP that I'm using as proxy.

Maybe if I get their proposed Proxy to work it might register?

Does anyone know what the problem could be.

sinergy

I have it working (kinda)
Snom firmware 8 will not work, firmware 7 will register and stay registered. However outgoing calls I have no problem. I can not get it to ring incoming.

I am using SP3 for the snom port and sp2 for the google voice number i want to proxy
sp3 for X_InboundCallRoute{1001>:SP2}
on my sp3 I have for X_InboundCallRoute {SP3(1001@192.168.15.146)}

snom 320 settings

Under the identity settings
Registrar:    (ipaddress of phone:port)192.168.10.2:5062
Outbound Proxy: same as Registrar
>sip  Support broken Registrar: on
>rtp  Symmetrical RTP: on   | packetsize 60ms

mrjoe

Hi sinergy,

Thanks so much for your response.

I'm using Firmware 8 and I'm hesitant to downgrade to 7 as looking at the notes it looks like they have fixed and updated a bunch of things.

My incoming Callroute contains: {ph,ph2,sp4(Snom320@local_client)}

I guess you would put: sp3(1001@local_client)

no need for "{" as these are needed only if it contains more than one route.

Please let me know if it works.

mrjoe

why did you change the Packet size to 60ms?
the lower it is the better the quality.

sinergy

That worked. 100% working now

i set it to that because I was getting come codec errors, that cleared it up. Ill play more with in in the next few days.

snom320-SIP 7.1.39 14556 is the version we have tested against our switch at work. It proved to be the most stable and worked with everything against a metaswitch. I would recommend that build. We have been running phones on it for about 3 years

sinergy

I take that back incoming calls ring but i cant answer

mrjoe

Try to go to Behavior and switch Challenge response from phone: Off
And support broken registrar.
It may be an issue that port forwarding may resolve.

I would try to switch as many things as you can off, without breaking anything.

mrjoe

I'm mostly making blind suggestions, I only started using Snoms recently  :)

sinergy

Ok after testing 8
snom320-SIP 8.4.35
works. You must do a reset to default after load.

only thing i changed from default is. broken register. Everything now working. Going to test features now.

edit
one way audio incoming

Ok the snom must point to the private interface side of the obi. after that everything looks great

mrjoe

Is it registering?

I've tried nearly every setting and it won't register for me on 8.

What do you mean you must do a reset to default after load?
(That you loose your settings when you upgrade?)

sinergy

Yea everything is 100% working. 
After firmware update. I tested snom320-SIP 8.4.35

then reload to default only changed broken register, to get everything to work.

Working on the google text msg to display now. Dont think its gonna work. I dont see it being sent to the phone. Im guessing its not being sent as a sip message.

mrjoe

Why did you choose that particular Version?

I'm going to try, but I'll have to restore my backed up settings as one of my Sip accounts is very tricky to get working.

sinergy

Working in this industry I stay a major code revision behind by habit.   If that dont work then move ahead.

I had the beta on the phone testing out something else, it was my first try with obi and got the same thing. After a day of realizing that the expert portal config does nothing.  Then went to my tried and tested code got everything working then moved up from there.

mrjoe

Do you mind sending me the link to put in to the Manual Software Update box to update to the software you're using?

Thanks

mrjoe

All it is, is  locally provided cname.  It could be the Obi will only process it for ph1&2

Thanks very much for the link

mrjoe

Doesn't seem to be updating, will I have to do it by TFTP?

mrjoe

When it says "Loading File" nothing happens, then the Message LED Glows and it asks if I want to put it in TFTP mode and continues to startup.

mrjoe

That did it, thanks
Loading now...