News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Caller ID to indicate which line was called

Started by rmk40, January 02, 2013, 01:02:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rmk40

I have an Obi110 with a land line and single Google Voice account.  I'd like to have the caller ID on my handsets provide some indication of which number the call came in on.  Is there any way to do this? 

For example, if it comes on on the land line, display 111-XXX-XXX-XXXX and on the GV number show 222-XXX-XXXX.  I already have distinctive ringers but it would be nice to have it in the caller ID also.

Thanks!

infin8loop

I don't think there is an OBi110 configuration option for this. I have an OBi110 and an AT&T landline and I can tell the difference by the way the caller id number comes in and is displayed on my Vtech cordless phones.  GV calls come in with the leading "1" US country code like 1-xxx-xxx-xxxx and the AT&T landline calls come in without the leading "1" like xxx-xxx-xxxx. I didn't configure anything on the phone, at GV, on the OBi or at AT&T to get this behaviour. Perhaps this is landland provider or country specific.     
"This has not only been fun, it's been a major expense." - Gallagher

azrobert

Replace your spx or line InBoundCallRoute with the following:

{(<1?:9>xxxxxxxxxx):ph},{ph}

The above will remove the country code if it's present and prefix the callerid with "9".
Calls without a callerid like anonymous or private calls will come thru unchanged.

rmk40

Quote from: azrobert on January 03, 2013, 08:06:54 AM
Replace your spx or line InBoundCallRoute with the following:

{(<1?:9>xxxxxxxxxx):ph},{ph}

The above will remove the country code if it's present and prefix the callerid with "9".
Calls without a callerid like anonymous or private calls will come thru unchanged.

Thanks for this.  Unfortunately it doesn't appear to work.  As soon as I receive my first call on the Obi, the call route resets back to ph.

Felix

I don't think you can do it with caller id, but you can do it with ring profile. Your SP1 service has X_DefaultRing field, and your Line has DefaultRing field. Change one of them to something else, and you will know which line calls even before you look at CallerID screen

Chuck_in_ABQ

Interesting. I wanted to do the same thing, but was only half successful. I have two Obi202 devices, with handset only on device 1. (http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=4938.0)

On device 2, SP2, I changed the inbound call route to:
{pp(7*$1>ob5008xxxxx)}. While I do not yet have callerID on my landline phone, it appears in the call log that this prepended a "7*" to the incoming CID when it reached obi-1.

However, on device 1, Sp1, I changed the inbound call route to:
{ph1(1*$1>)}, but nothing was prepended. Looks like ph does not allow arguments. I also tried the method below, but, at least in the call log, it did not prepend the 1* to the incoming CID.

I also tried setting the inbound SP1 route on box 1 to {ph1,ph2,pp(ob2908xxxxx)}, where this is itself. Well, that did not work.

Well, at least I can prepend on box 2 going to box 1...

Chuck