News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Stuttering Ringtone

Started by BigD, January 25, 2013, 06:08:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BigD

I have a question. I have an OBI100, with GV on SP1 and Callcentric on SP2. I use callcentric for E911 service. Also, I use callcentric for name caller ID. I got a free NY number from caller ID and I have my google voice account forward my calls to that number and it gives me caller ID with name. However, now my ringtone is different, instead of 1 medium length ring, it is two short rings. If I switch it back to have it not forward to this number, it rings normal, but no name caller ID then. It's not that big of a deal, but does anyone know why this changed my ring? Thanks!

Rick

Quote from: BigD on January 25, 2013, 06:08:13 AM
I have a question. I have an OBI100, with GV on SP1 and Callcentric on SP2. I use callcentric for E911 service. Also, I use callcentric for name caller ID. I got a free NY number from caller ID and I have my google voice account forward my calls to that number and it gives me caller ID with name. However, now my ringtone is different, instead of 1 medium length ring, it is two short rings. If I switch it back to have it not forward to this number, it rings normal, but no name caller ID then. It's not that big of a deal, but does anyone know why this changed my ring? Thanks!

Because in your OBi setup, you specify the ring for SP1 and SP2.  Since you're now getting all your calls on SP2, it's using that ringtone.  Go in to the setup and change it.

BigD

That makes sense! Is that setting in the Obi Expert settings? Thanks!

Rick

Quote from: BigD on January 25, 2013, 07:00:58 AM
That makes sense! Is that setting in the Obi Expert settings? Thanks!

I have no idea.  I access my OBi via it's IP address directly.  It's x_DefaultRing.  I'm sure if you look you'll find it.

BigD

Ok cool, what is the default IP? I'll change the settings that way. Thanks Rick!!

Rick

Quote from: BigD on January 25, 2013, 07:09:45 AM
Ok cool, what is the default IP? I'll change the settings that way. Thanks Rick!!

No such thing.  Your router assigns the IP.  Go into the router and see your attached devices and there it will be.

Note that if you change the settings this way, but still keep the OBi interface and then change settings there, they can get overwritten. 

BigD

Ok I got into the non Obitalk setting menu, but do you know specifically what I have to change? I am having trouble figuring it out.  Thanks!

Rick

Voice Services, SP1 or SP2, change X_DefaultRing (have to uncheck Default box first).  Click Submit, then reboot (top right).