News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Problem entering conference code

Started by dwestall, February 05, 2013, 04:16:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dwestall

I have the OBi100 1.3.0 (Build: 2755M08DD2CE4 Oct 26 13:12:33 PDT 2012) with Google Voice on SP1 and Callcentric on SP2 for 911, and my GV account is setup to forward to my Free Callcentric number so I can get CNAM on incoming calls. This setup works well.

The problem I'm having is I frequently make calls to an audio conference line that requires a unique passcode, usually 9 numbers. The system frequently gives me errors claiming I've entered an invalid code. When it confirms the numbers I entered, there is always one number that get's doubled, even though I did not double press it. It happens no matter how fast or slow I press the numbers on my desk phone and I verified the phone keys are fine and nothing is sticking. Sometimes it works, but the problem seems to have gotten worse recently. Also, I'm not sure if this is related but when I call my voicemail, GV never recognizes any of my key presses (ie. 7 to mark message as read, etc.), and this has never worked since I've had the OBi.

Any ideas? Is there some setting on the Obi device I can check?

Thanks,
dw

QBZappy

dwestall,

Playing with one of these settings will likely do the trick.

Service Providers
    ITSP Profile A
        General->DTMFMethod =?

Physical Interfaces
    PHONE Port
        DTMFPlaybackLevel =?
        DTMFRxMode =?
Owner of the 1st OBi110/100 units in service in Canada & South America. 1st OBi202 on my street. 1st OBi1032 in Montreal.

dwestall

Thanks for you help.

For some reason I had DTMFMethod = InBand. Not sure why I changed it from the default setting.

So what I did is I left DTMFRxMode and ChannelRxGain at the default settings. I changed DTMFMethod = RFC2833 and X_UseFixedDurationRFC2833DTMF: Checked. That seems to be working good so far. I can actually check my vm from the phone now! I've tried two conference calls so far and no problems. Awesome!

I hope I never loose my settings on this thing because it's gonna be a nightmare if I ever have to rebuild it with all of the custom changes I've made  :o

Diana

Is your Alarm System using the OBi ATA for outgoing calls to your Central Station Monitoring Company?  In-Band is use many times to get reliable Alarm Signals sent.

Also, sometime, if you have the speakerphone on while enter your digits, that can cause problems at the other end.

QBZappy

dwestall,

Backup your settings:

System Management
    Network Settings
    Auto Provisioning
    Device Admin
    Device Update ->Backup Configuration

Note passwords are not saved when it is backed up. If you ever restore a bkup you will need to enter the password again.
Owner of the 1st OBi110/100 units in service in Canada & South America. 1st OBi202 on my street. 1st OBi1032 in Montreal.

dwestall

Thanks for the tip on backing up.

Ah yes, I remember now. In-Band for my alarm, which probably doesn't work now. Is there a way I can dynamically set the DTMFMethod to In-Band just for calls to my alarm company, and have it be RFC2833 for everything else?

Thanks,
dw