News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

voip.ms "ring group" misbehavior

Started by trulyme, February 08, 2013, 01:54:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

trulyme

Forum, had voip.ms "ring group" properly functioning where a softphone and an obi phone on the same LAN both rang simultaneously until one was answered. After a week something changed where the obi phone now only rings once then disconnects while the soft phone continues to ring until answered. Suggestions on any parameters to tweak?

QBZappy

trulyme

Welcome,

You may have a GTALK session running at the same time.
Owner of the 1st OBi110/100 units in service in Canada & South America. 1st OBi202 on my street. 1st OBi1032 in Montreal.

trulyme

Thanks, QBZappy.

To clarify, I have not yet introduced GV into the mix. In fact, when I replaced the softphone in the ring group with a mobile phone both ring until time out--pointing to the problem being the softphone on the same LAN.

QBZappy

trulyme,

Clarify:
Are you connecting to voipms:
1) Softphone+OBiAPP,
2) Softphone only

Voipms site:
Ring Groups
The Ring Group feature allows you to have incoming calls to be redirected to different destinations that are included in your Ring Group, where a member of the group is able to answer. When you receive a call to a DID routed to a Ring Group, all members of that group will ring at the same time until one of them answers the call. You can add various types of members to a ring group: Main Account, Sub Accounts, SIP URI's, Call Forwarding.

I am correct in assuming you set it up as a different (unique) sub-account? In other words, not using the same credentials as the OBi.
Owner of the 1st OBi110/100 units in service in Canada & South America. 1st OBi202 on my street. 1st OBi1032 in Montreal.

trulyme

QBZappy,

Only OBi SP1 is linked to voipms. The softphone is Sametime Unified Telephony which has VOIP service provisioned by IBM and as such there is no access to admin parameters other than call routing. I only have a main account on voipms. I didn't see a need to setup subaccounts at the moment.

trulyme

PS: Also attempted couple of OBi Phone Port parameter changes without success:

GenerateCPCSignal = never
CPCDelayTime = 60000 ms
SilenceDetectSensitivity = low and high