News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Turn OFF MessageWaiting

Started by Lawduck, March 26, 2013, 03:01:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lawduck

I need to kill the MessageWaiting function on my OBi100.  All the posts on this forum seem to involve people who want it turned on. I don't. Quick summary.

I have never received a VM indicator on my phone (using GV). Today, my phone indicates a VM, and I get a stutter tone. I hate that, and want it to go away. I manage all VM online directly through GV.

I've gone into the OBi->Voice Services -> SP1 (and also SP2) and unchecked the MessageWaiting box. At various points, I've also unchecked MWIEnable and X_VMWIEnable, and selected the default box next to them.  Then I reboot and OBI goes into reboot (red light) state.  Then I return, and nothing has changed.

How do I make those changes stick? (And why the hell did they come on in the first place!?).

Thanks.

- Martin

mkrause01

Sounds like this must be a bug.  I just did the update and since then my message waiting lights (i202 - two line) are both flashing.  One line does have a new call waiting but the other doesn't.  I've power cycled the Obi but no luck.

ianobi

There are two ways of updating your OBi device. See this:

http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=61.msg109#msg109

If you don't want the bother of changing provisioning settings etc, then use "Expert Configuration":
Make the changes via the OBi Expert Configuration pages. From your OBi Dashboard, click on your OBi number and follow the prompts to get there. To change a value uncheck both boxes to the right of the value and leave them unchecked. After changing the values on one page, press submit at the bottom of the page and wait a few minutes for the OBi to reboot.

MikeHObi

I haven't usually had issues where if I listen to the voice mail or other wise mark it as read on the online interface that the blinking stops shortly on my phones.
Obi202 user & Obi100 using Anveo and Callcentric.