News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

How to configure dial plan for SIP URI dialing with callcentric?

Started by kindnation, March 07, 2013, 02:11:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kindnation

I have Google Voice on SP1, and use Callcentric on SP2 just for the SIP URI dialing.

To do SIP URI dialing, you would normally dial **275* + the SIP number to dial out through SIP Broker.

I would like to be able to just dial ** + SIP number, and be able to automatically send the **275* + SIP number through SP2 (Callcentric).

Can you advise where I would configure this dial plan and the necessary format to get it to just use ** instead of the full **275* ?  Any help would greatly be appreciated.

ianobi

kindnation – welcome to the forum.

More info needed! Do you have an OBi100, OBi110 or OBi202?

Can we assume that GV on sp1 is your Primary Line (no ** codes needed)? So you dial **2 to access Callcentric on sp2? This means that to dial a sipbroker number on Callcentric you presently have to dial **2**275* + SIP number?

Does the following DigitMap look like this?
Service Providers > ITSP Profile B > General > DigitMap:
(*xx.|**275*x.|[3469]11|1xxxxxxxxxx|<1>[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|011xx.|xx.|(Mipd)|[^*#]@@.)

ianobi

The easiest solution is to set up a voice gateway and call sipbroker direct. I'll use voice gateway 3 in this example. I'll assume you have an OBi100 as it is the most simple:

Additions are needed – shown in bold:

Physical Interfaces > PHONE Port > DigitMap:
([1-9]x?*(Mpli)|[1-9]S9|[1-9][0-9]S9|911|**0|***|**1(Msp1)|**2(Msp2)|**3(Mvg3)|**9(Mpp)|(Mpli))

Physical Interfaces > PHONE Port > OutboundCallRoute:
{([1-9]x?*(Mpli)):pp},{**0:aa},{***:aa2},{(<**1:>(Msp1)):sp1},{(<**2:>(Msp2)):sp2},{(<**3:>(Mvg3)):vg3},{(<**9:>(Mpp)):pp},{(Mpli):pli}

Next set up the voice gateway:

Voice Services > Gateways and Trunk Groups > Voice Gateway3  >

Access Number: sp2(sipbroker.com)
DigitMap: (<*>xx.|*xx.)

Now simply dial **3 + sip number.

Edit: corrected a "cut and paste" error - must stop copying from my other posts  :)

azrobert

Depending on your requirements you might be able to also eliminate SipBroker.

Just define a Voice Gateway for each URI you want to call.
Then setup a calling scheme like ianobi suggested to call each Voice Gateway.

kindnation

Quote from: ianobi on March 07, 2013, 05:15:56 AM
kindnation – welcome to the forum.

More info needed! Do you have an OBi100, OBi110 or OBi202?

Can we assume that GV on sp1 is your Primary Line (no ** codes needed)? So you dial **2 to access Callcentric on sp2? This means that to dial a sipbroker number on Callcentric you presently have to dial **2**275* + SIP number?

Does the following DigitMap look like this?
Service Providers > ITSP Profile B > General > DigitMap:
(*xx.|**275*x.|[3469]11|1xxxxxxxxxx|<1>[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|011xx.|xx.|(Mipd)|[^*#]@@.)

Thank you so much for the warm welcome and trying to help me get this working.  To answer your question, I have an OBI-100 and yes to all of them.

I also added to > ITSP Profile A General > (<**2>1777xxxxxxx|<**2>**275*x.|1xxxxxxxxxx|<1>[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|011xx.|xx.|(Mipd)|[^*]@@.)

So I am now able to dial **275*(SIP URI) and it will go through to my Callcentric on SP2 automatically.  I would like to be able to just dial **(SIP URI) and have it work.  I know it's only saving me pressing 4 extra buttons, but is there a way to do it?

thanks for your help!

ianobi

There is a problem here. If you look at:
Physical Interfaces > PHONE Port > OutboundCallRoute
you will see that **1, **2, **9 and **0 all route you to OBi trunks / endpoints, so if your SIP number starts with say "0" then dialling ** followed by a SIP number starting with "0" (e.g. sipbroker test number) it will send you straight to the OBi auto attendant which is **0.

I'm all for less button pushing and maximum automation, but this is a difficult one. You are up against OBi trunk routing described above, OBi Star Codes (*xx) and Callcentric star codes. I think a voice gateway which needs a code of **3 followed by the sip number (no * required) is your best bet. Also, it provides direct routing to sipbroker or other voip providers without routing through Callcentric. It uses the SIP functions of sp2, but does not use Callcentric.

Dialling **3 followed by the sip number will save you three button pushes   :)  Let us know which way you go!

jwcmb

kindnation,

I like the technique ianobi outlined and use it all the time, but if you find that you're dialing the same number regularly, have you tried Obi Speed Dialing as shown in this FAQ: http://www.obihai.com/speed.html

So, for example, to call your third speed dial entry, you just dial: 3#  

You could set up the Speed Dial entering the sip number with the sipbroker access code or, as ianobi has outlined above, you could set up a Voice Gateway for sipbroker and use that VG code in the speed dial entry.

zapattack

Why use ** codes when 02-09 are available??
Then add an outside dial tone.....