News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

OBi110 issue,stops working many times a day?

Started by cruisx, February 19, 2013, 11:26:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cruisx

Hey guys, So iv had the 110 for a few months now but I keep getting this strange issue. Randomly everyday the box stops working and I cant make or revive calls until i pull the power and plug it back in.

Its the 3rd light from the left the keeps turning off (telephone symbol) and I have to power cycle it to get it working. Many times relatives have told use our phone is not working and when i go to look that light is off.

Now is this a defective box or is this an issue with voip.ms servers? Any ideas what could be causing it?

I only have 1 phone plugged into the box.

flex25

Try plugging the Obi directly into your modem instead of in your router, and see if the problem continues.  When I updated my modem, I had a similar problem.  My router was old, and had problems working with the new modem.  You can also change your Obi's setting from half-duplex to full-duplex,  see this thread.

JohnOR88

I was having this same issue.  Another symptom I had was I could no longer reach the Obi via my browser.  I found that the static IP address I assigned to the Obi was in the same range that my router assigns via DHCP.  I changed the IP on my Obi to not be in that range anymore.  So far it has not disconnected, but it is too soon to tell.

Scotward

This problem is coming because Your router is old and to solve this problem you need to replace it.
The estimation immobilière is also known as estimation estate.

cruisx

Still having the same issues, ill try to RMA it..The routers fine...its a wndr3700. Internet is also fine, 60/3.
Its happened 3 times in the past hour, I wonder if there is something other than a defective box which could be a problem.

Its also changed to full duplex as mentioned in the post above. Where do i go to change the IP of the obi, expert config?