News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

obi202 + voip.ms can't make outbound calls

Started by Rlee, March 20, 2013, 09:47:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rlee

Hi Everyone,

I hope this hasn't been answered and someone gets mad thinking I didn't search.  I've had my DID cut over from last Friday from Bell.  So I've been without the ability to make outgoing calls for 6 days.  The wife will start harassing soon!!

I can't find my answer in the forum.  I wish I could just pick up the phone and call for some help (no pun intended).

I did the wizard on the obitalk site.  I had a status of Registered and received incoming calls without issue.  Outgoing calls would always give me the male voice with some error like 503, 404, etc.

Is this a DigitMap issue?  I had voip.ms on a live text chat and they gave me a digitmap to use.  It didn't work.

1. I also tried doing the ALG disable thing but it has never been enabled.
2. I tried putting the mac of my obi202 in the DMZ, where it still is. BTW, does this open up the box to increased attack?
3. I have QoS configured to provide High priority to the obi202's mac.
4. I tried changing in voip.ms the NAT setting to no, since it is in the DMZ.
5. I emailed obi with no reply.
6. I tried to follow up with voip.ms since they wanted me to send screenshots. Which ones!!  No replies.

I now have a Register Failed: 403 Forbidden message.  I will blow away the config for the second time and start fresh again with the obi wiki for the obi110.

I have a Linksys E4200, Motorola SB6121 running on start.ca's network.  Obi202 is running wireless.

Here are some settings from the current config:
Phone 1-->DigitMap ([1-9]x?*(Mpli)|[1-9]S9|[1-9][0-9]S9|911|**0|***|#|**8(Mbt)|**1(Msp1)|**2(Msp2)|**3(Msp3)|**4(Msp4)|**9(Mpp)|(Mpli))

Phone 1-->OutboundCallRoute {911:sp1},{933:sp1},{([1-9]x?*(Mpli)):pp},{(<#:>):ph2},{(<**8:>(Mbt)):bt},{**0:aa},{***:aa2},{(<**1:>(Msp1)):sp1},{(<**2:>(Msp2)):sp2},{(<**3:>(Msp3)):sp3},{(<**4:>(Msp4)):sp4},{(<**9:>(Mpp)):pp},{(Mpli):pli}

Service Providers-->ITSP Profile A General-->DigitMap (1xxxxxxxxxx|<1905>[2-9]xxxxxx|<1>[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|011xx.|xx.|*xx.|(Mipd)|[^*]@@.)

Should I have Service Providers-->ITSP Profile A SIP-->OutboundProxy configured?

Should I have Service Providers-->ITSP Profile A General-->STUNEnable or X_ICEEnable configured?  If Stun, what would be the STUNServer?

I am also assuming that I should be able to pick up the phone and just dial a 10 digit number like I did with Bell to make an outgoing local call.

Thanks in advance.

Rlee

I finally got the solution from support at voip.ms.

After 1.5 weeks...

I had configured access to international calls to only one country.  I thought that was the purpose of this field.  It turned out that you must add local country as well.  I thought that North America was included and it was only a "security" config to limit international.

Oh well.  Way too many fields and configs with this stuff.  You have to be a UC trained guy to figure it out quickly.

I configured a softphone, X-Lite and pointed directly to voip.ms.  I still couldn't get outgoing calls so that narrowed the field of where to look.

Hope this helps someone else.