News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

2/3 GV SP's Stopped Receiving Calls - Any Google Voice help?

Started by Sherin, April 04, 2013, 11:32:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sherin

I have three Google Voice numbers on my obi202 (SP1, SP2, SP3).

Today, SP1 and SP3 stopped receiving calls with no changes to the obi or Google voice settings. I can call out through SP1 and SP3, but incoming calls are immediately sent to Google voicemail. I have not touched the Obi settings since 3/30/2013, today is 4/4/2013.

SP2, which is also a google voice number, is sending a receiving calls fine.

I called obi support today and they say it's Google's issue, so maybe someone else has already solved this and can help?

To keep things simple, I have only been working on SP3 to try and resolve this issue. Once I get it working, I'll fix SP1.

1. I have logged into SP3's gmail and cleared all active sessions.
2. I went over to Voice and deleted the Google Chat phone and let the application recreate the Google Chat phone.
3. I have re-setup the Google Chat to answer all calls on weekends and weekdays.
4. I reset the Google password.
5. I logged into the Obi dashboard and deleted SP3 and re-created SP3 using the new password. (Shows "Connected")

Nothing has changed. I can still make calls from SP3 and can also make calls directly in Gmail. I cannot receive calls on SP3 or Gmail. When checking the sessions for SP3's Gmail, I only see "Browser" sessions. When checking the sessions for the working SP2 Gmail, I see quite a few "POP3" sessions that occurred recently which are probably the incoming/outgoing calls from SP2.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Sherin

This issue is now fixed... sort of. Another issue has now cropped up.

To fix this original issue I:

1. Stay signed into affected Google Voice account.
2. Opened separate Google Account and placed a Gmail chat (From Google Email, not a Voice call) call to the affected account.
3. Reset Obi device.
4. Call affected account from standard phone line.

I am not 100% sure if this is what fixed it, but I didn't really do anything else in the last 20 minutes or so. Right after I got SP3 working, I went to the separate Google Account and placed a google chat call to SP1's google chat (answer and hang-up). I reset the obi and when I called SP1 and SP3 using a standard phone, I am now ringing the office.

The new issue: The auto attendant that has been working for nearly 1 full week now just hangs up on me (and my clients). I went into Obiplus and set SP1 and SP3 to just ring a call group instead of the AA for a temporary fix. I will deal with the AA hang up issue this weekend when clients aren't calling all the time.