News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Cannot Disable Service Provider through IVR on Obi202

Started by JeffS, August 11, 2013, 04:22:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JeffS

hi,

i did have an Obi110, and took infin8loop's advice in an earlier topic last month in the Feature Request Forum (http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=6330.msg40153#msg40153).  infin8loop's advice was that if I want to turn off SP1 (so that I can dial out using Google Voice, from phone links in my Chrome, and/or receive calls in on my Chrome), then I could use the IVR and set some speed-dial buttons on my phone device so that I could quickly Enable/Disable line 1 (SP1).  Like this: Suppose my password was 3333.  So it would look like this to ENable SP1:

***0 100# 3333# 100# 1 1# 1

and like this to DISable SP1:

***0 100# 3333# 100# 1 0# 1

..and this WAS working for my Obi110.

Then I upgraded to an Obi202.  I set up basic configuration and password and got the Obi202 running: both SP1 and SP2 are set up for separate Google Voice accounts, and calls in and out work on both.

Now I try to use that same DISable sequence (i.e., the 2nd one, above) to disable SP1 with the Obi202, as I did with the Obi110. (However, I am doing it slowly/manually, by hand, not using the speed-dial buttons at this point.)  When I try to do this, the IVR does confirm that SP1 is disabled, but after I hang up (or hit *), device appears to go through its reboot (which takes a minute or so), and temporarily looks like SP1 light is out/off, and SP2 light stays on: GOOD.  But then the unit does some more blinking (network traffic light flashing), and next thing I know, SP1 light comes back on too, and SP1 is RE-ENabled all over again (and I can make calls out and receive calls in on it).  It is as if something is overriding my IVR command and forcing SP1 enabled always.

(By the way, I have the same problem with SP2, using 200# commands.)

So, SP1 reverts to Enabled every time, essentially not allowing me to disable it. Why?

This is most frustrating.  Am I just missing something simple?  Does anyone have any knowledge (or hunches) as to why this might be?  The IVR DOES tell me that SP1 is now disabled, and so I hit * and hang up, and i do see the light go out.  But within a few minutes, it is right back on again.

I have indeed looked over the Admin Guide, in the section on SIP Service Provider Configuration Options, at http://www.obihai.com/OBiAdminGuide.htm#_Toc333506073 many times. Maybe I am blind and just missing something obvious?

Would appreciate any help or ideas anyone could provide.

Thanks
-JS

QBZappy

JeffS,

Quote from: JeffS on August 11, 2013, 04:22:50 PM
But then the unit does some more blinking (network traffic light flashing), and next thing I know, SP1 light comes back on too, and SP1 is RE-ENabled all over again (and I can make calls out and receive calls in on it).  It is as if something is overriding my IVR command and forcing SP1 enabled always.
So, SP1 reverts to Enabled every time, essentially not allowing me to disable it. Why?

Sounds like the OBITALK portal is over riding the local unit config. You may need to disable the ITSP Provisioning/OBiTalk Provisioning to see if your work around will achieve what you are trying to do.
Owner of the 1st OBi110/100 units in service in Canada & South America. 1st OBi202 on my street. 1st OBi1032 in Montreal.