News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Calls from cell phone to OBI110 going straight to VOICEMAIL - help.

Started by JavaPop, June 12, 2013, 07:04:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JavaPop

I am not sure where I need to make the change; but when we are gone, and need to call our son on the home line from my wife's cell phone number, they go direct to voicemail, rather than ringing. My cell rings the OBI fine, my wifes does not.

Please advise!

Shale

Quote from: JavaPop on June 12, 2013, 07:04:00 AM
I am not sure where I need to make the change; but when we are gone, and need to call our son on the home line from my wife's cell phone number, they go direct to voicemail, rather than ringing. My cell rings the OBI fine, my wifes does not.

Please advise!

If your wife's calls go directly to voicemail, then you need to look to the settings at your service provider.

azrobert

Did you setup your wife's phone as a GV forwarding number?
If the answer is yes do the following:

Sign on to your GV account.
Click on the gear icon and select "Settings".
Click "Edit" under your wife's phone number.
Click "Show advanced settings".
Under Voicemail Access click "NO".
Click "Save".

JavaPop

Quote from: azrobert on June 12, 2013, 09:25:07 AM
Did you setup your wife's phone as a GV forwarding number?
If the answer is yes do the following:

Sign on to your GV account.
Click on the gear icon and select "Settings".
Click "Edit" under your wife's phone number.
Click "Show advanced settings".
Under Voicemail Access click "NO".
Click "Save".

I double checked a few things, Google Voice is service provider, we had our previous att home number ported to google. That google acct is set up with our Obi110

here's what settings in google voice look like:

The forwarding email is my email address. If I call the line with her number, it goes to VM, if I use google chat to call her phone, it rings the home number.

I double checked her google contact on this acct, and it does not have the home number listed; just her cell number.  

OK, think I figured it out. Under Groups and Circles, it had "family category" ringing to Google Talk, which put it to VM. I removed this, and it rings the number now! Should I do that for every other contact?

Guess I'm wondering what exactly forwarding to google talk does, and if default needs to be no....