News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Have to reboot every day!!!

Started by mrjoe, July 04, 2013, 06:55:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mrjoe

Every day I come in to work and have to reboot my router to get the phones to work.

I'm using Obiplus, an Obi202 with 2 Cisco 303s

3 lines have GV and 1 Broadvoice.

Any ideas please, my Employer is getting really >:( with me for advising on it and setting it up.

Shale

I don't know the OBiPlus or those routers.

What I would do is to have the router that is doing DHCP to always give the OBi the same IP address. Alternatively, you could set the OBi for a fixed IP and netmask.

I don't know if this would cure your problem, but it would not hurt.

Something that comes to mind as a test while having a problem would be to see what the router thinks the IP address is, and to dial ***1 to hear what the OBi thinks the IP address is.

CoalMinerRetired

I'd also add check the 10/100 Mb Half/Full Duplex change.

And in your router, if it has an Allow SIP ALG (Application Later Gateway) setting, toggle whatever it is now set to.

Also, since you have a paid service form Obi  I'd definitely contact their support dept, they can for example do remote syslogging among other things.

QBZappy

mrjoe,

Certainly not the solution, but until you figure it out, can you connect the router to an automatic timer and reboot before the next business day starts.  :)
Owner of the 1st OBi110/100 units in service in Canada & South America. 1st OBi202 on my street. 1st OBi1032 in Montreal.

litensten

Maybe get a new router?
I know DDWRT supports auto reboot (timer)

evergreen

I'm having the same exact issue.  Have you reached a resolution for this?  Thank you!

mrjoe

I had to stop using it.

I figured though that it had to do with the quality of the internet/router.  I kept giving the Obi202 a new IP address so it kept rebooting.  Couldn't figure our a solution to prevent that.

Mango

Quote from: evergreen on May 27, 2014, 10:53:35 PM
I'm having the same exact issue.  Have you reached a resolution for this?  Thank you!

This problem is typically caused by the router.  There are a few ways to resolve the problem.  What router and service provider(s) are you using?