News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Google Voice Down???

Started by ez-obi, July 10, 2013, 07:50:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ez-obi

July 10 Evening. -- IS GOOGLE VOICE down?? Cannot call out and cannot receive Calls
   Please Help! :-[

dwarf_tossn

Am experiencing the same issue here. Dial tone works, and it does call and ring phones, but they cannot hear me, nor can I hear them.

Also tried several gmail/voice accounts to dial from PC with headset, same results, so it's not the Obi100.

Location (it might matter): Central Florida

boke

lk96

just tried it out and work fine for me.
I'm on the east coast.

L.

dwarf_tossn

OK, it is indeed working now, so we can keep making free unlimited calls. *whew*

I placed a call to my own number to check voicemail and it actually works now, but it is very static-y. Maybe they are doing maintenance or spilled a slurpee on the server.

Thanks for posting back that it works now, we dodged a bullet.

DiamondGirl

Mine was down yesterday all day (7/25)... noticed the green light was on my box so I made but did not complete one call this morning. What is going on? I go to the OBi Website and it says it's connected but I have no connection to make a phone call... ??? Very annoying.

dircom

my wife says she can receive calls, cant call out.
 I can call her obi to obi, I can call the CallCentric # and the Obi 202 will pick up the call
or by dialing the GV # associated with her Obi.  

Dashboard says Connecting to 429xxxxxxx.429xxxxxxx.xx.xxx   for the past 24 hours
same error msg on SP1 and SP3  (2 GV #'s connected to the obi)

I forward the two GV numbers to CallCentric
SP4, Callcentric DID says registered

[The other 2 Obi's in my dashboard say connected], have submitted a trouble ticket to Obi land.

dircom

update, I got a response from OBI support within a few minutes of submitting a ticket

For some reason, your router does not provide the correct DNS server
address.
We then set the DNS server on your OBi to point to a good DNS.

Your OBi status with GV looks good now, you should be able to make/receive
calls.

Dashboard says connected now.
Excellent service.  Thank you Obi !

DiamondGirl

Mine went down again yesterday and is still down - pointing the DNS number - is this something they have to do or is it something I could do?  ???

Smee

Quote from: DiamondGirl on August 03, 2013, 08:42:23 AM
Mine went down again yesterday and is still down - pointing the DNS number - is this something they have to do or is it something I could do?  ???

This is something you can do.  If you are using OpenDNS (Actually I didn't have a problem using them, but others have) or some other malfunctioning DNS, you can go to your Obi Dashboard and select your device.  Then enter Obi Expert configuration and go to your network settings.  Only update DNSServer1 and DNSServer2 to point to your desired DNS servers.  I am using Google's which are 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4.

Smee