News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Bypass AutoAttendant

Started by Islander48, July 13, 2013, 10:10:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Islander48

How can I make an Obi to Obi call without having the auto-attendant answer? I want to bypass the need to listening to the AA and dial 1. (He still answers if I untick "Enable")

Shale

Remove all numbers you have listed as trusted callers in your "Circle of Trust" on OBiTalk.

Islander48

Thank you for that, but I am a little confused.
I assume you refer to the parameter InboundCallRoute on the "OBiTALK Service Settings" page.
When I deleted all the OBi-numbers the AA was bypassed just as you say.
But the Device Admin Guide says the un-ticking "Enable" will do the same thing. But it does not. 
It also appears to be necessary to remove all the Obi-numbers. Should it not be possible to selectively set which callers have access to the AA?
Please correct me if I got it wrong.

Shale

Quote from: Islander48 on July 19, 2013, 12:18:09 AM
Thank you for that, but I am a little confused.
I assume you refer to the parameter InboundCallRoute on the "OBiTALK Service Settings" page.
When I deleted all the OBi-numbers the AA was bypassed just as you say.
I was referring to the thing on your OBi Dashboard http://www.obitalk.com/obinet/pg/obhdev/owned/ in OBiTalk called
My Circle of Trust: Trusted Callers
If you are not using OBiTalk, that will change how things are done. In that case, you will modify dialing strings that say ":aa". That is more work, although it is more flexible. Most people use OBiTalk for simplicity. http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=92.0 talks of the differences and the perils of trying to use both for modifying settings.

Quote from: Islander48
But the Device Admin Guide says the un-ticking "Enable" will do the same thing. But it does not.  
It also appears to be necessary to remove all the Obi-numbers. Should it not be possible to selectively set which callers have access to the AA?
Please correct me if I got it wrong.
Note that the Admin Guide is written from the point of view of not using OBiTalk. Most things that can be done directly on the local OBi web page can be done on OBiTalk. You should be using the web page built in to the OBi *OR* OBiTalk to change things. That is because if you use OBiTalk after changing settings locally, OBiTalk may overwrite your changes.

If you are using OBiTalk, the Admin Guide guide can still be useful. However you will need to do some modification to the techniques shown in the Admin Guide. The screen shots in the Admin Guide are all from the local web page.

"Selectively"... as in having a single list of permitted users of AA? Yes, that is what the trusted callers list is about. Now if you want a different list for various conditions, such as which line the person called in on, then you would have to mess with the strings. I think this could be done by using Expert mode of OBiTalk to override some strings.

So state whether you will use OBiTalk or the local web page to make changes. Trying to answer a question not knowing that makes things much harder, and it may affect who would try to answer your questions.

Islander48

I am only using OBiTalk from where I remotely manage a dozen or so clients' (the list is growing) units in Expert mode so I cannot remove them from the Circle of trust. I want to selectively choose what clients have access to what AA gateways. If access is not allowed, the AA should be bypassed. Can this be done?

ianobi

My examples shown here come from RonR's excellent guide to this subject:

http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=3094.msg20656#msg20656

It's important to say that putting a number in a Circle of Trust does two things only:
1. Allows that number to make outgoing calls through the OBi's PrimaryLine (single-stage dialing).
2. Allows that number to use the OBi's Auto Attendant functions including making outgoing calls (two-stage dialing).

After accepting several Circle of Trust requests, the OBiTALK InboundCallRoute might look like this (assumes Primary Line is SP1 Service):

Voice Services -> OBiTALK Service -> InboundCallRoute:

{(290123456|200123456|300123456)>(xx.):sp1},{(290123456|200123456|300123456):aa},{ph}

The first rule allows single-stage dialling from any of the three CallerIDs. The second rule gives access to the Auto Attendant from any of the three CallerIDs. The third rule directs all other calls to ring the phone.

Any CallerID can be removed from any rule selectively. For instance, remove 200123456 from the second rule:

{(290123456|200123456|300123456)>(xx.):sp1},{(290123456|300123456):aa},{ph}

Now all functions are the same except 200123456 no longer has access to the Auto Attendant.

Islander48

The last part is exactly what I did but the AA answered anyway. Is there a bug?

ianobi

If you are calling the remote OBi using its nine digit OBiTALK number, then the only way you can reach its Auto Attendant is for your OBiTALK number to be in a rule with target ":aa" in the remote OBi device's OBiTALK InboundCallRoute. If you are making changes remotely, then maybe the remote OBi device is not getting updated as it should. To be 100% sure of what settings are in the remote OBI someone needs to check via its local web page.

If you are calling the remote OBi via voip or PSTN line, then is your CallerID in the remote OBi's Trusted Callers list? If so, then your CallerID will be in all the remote OBi's InboundCallRoutes except the OBiTALK InboundCallRoute.

If this is a "Trusted Callers" issue, then you may need to edit all of the InboundCallRoutes in the remote OBIs to select who can access which Auto Attendant.