News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Outbound OBiBT Calls Fail with new firmware

Started by NerdUno, August 04, 2013, 12:03:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NerdUno

Had this working before, but outbound Bluetooth calls using OBi202 with latest firmware now fail with message "There is no call route available to complete your call." Incoming cell calls via same OBiBT Bluetooth connection still work fine. Same problem exists with both Verizon and AT&T phones using Galaxy S4 and Galaxy Note II.

Also tried a local configuration using the internal browser setup of the OBi202. It is only slightly better. Incoming calls still work as they should but, on outbound calls, the cellphone starts dialing after receiving the first 3 numbers of a 10-digit call. Any ideas??

panic888

I got the same issue, the BT mobile only received the first three digit and never can make a call successfully.....

Shale

http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=9.0 talks of how to download and install firmware.

http://www.obihai.com/firmware/ has some older firmware, but I am not stating that these would be good for you. I just don't know.

CLTGreg

Quote from: NerdUno on August 04, 2013, 12:03:03 PM
Had this working before, but outbound Bluetooth calls using OBi202 with latest firmware now fail with message "There is no call route available to complete your call." Incoming cell calls via same OBiBT Bluetooth connection still work fine. Same problem exists with both Verizon and AT&T phones using Galaxy S4 and Galaxy Note II.

Also tried a local configuration using the internal browser setup of the OBi202. It is only slightly better. Incoming calls still work as they should but, on outbound calls, the cellphone starts dialing after receiving the first 3 numbers of a 10-digit call. Any ideas??

I got my 202 new last week and it came with the newest firmware. It behaves the same way and just like the thread in the other forum dialing the "1" in front solves the problem. If I dial 10 digits only the area code gets passed.

ianobi

If several posters here respond, we may find a common problem.

This sounds like a digit map problem. Please post:

Physical Interfaces > PHONE Port 1/2 > PrimaryLine

OBiBlueTooth > DigitMap

HT_in_Forum

To use OBiBT to dial out, please use 11 digits number instead of 10 digits. For example, if you want to dial 222-222-2222, please dial **8 1 222 222 2222 on the phone attached with your OBi202 box.

The DigitMap (listed on OBiTalk.com Expert Configuration Menu or OBi202 Configuration Menu) defined the digital format for dialing. You can change it to your desires. The default setting is preferred.

CLTGreg

Quote from: HT_in_Forum on August 22, 2013, 01:14:31 PM
To use OBiBT to dial out, please use 11 digits number instead of 10 digits. For example, if you want to dial 222-222-2222, please dial **8 1 222 222 2222 on the phone attached with your OBi202 box.

The DigitMap (listed on OBiTalk.com Expert Configuration Menu or OBi202 Configuration Menu) defined the digital format for dialing. You can change it to your desires. The default setting is preferred.

It's a hard habit to break. In 20 years I've never dialed a 1 when making a cell phone call. This is probably because from the beginning I always had to enter 10 digits even for local calls. Or taht's how I remember it  :D

ianobi

CLTGreg,

A digitmap such as this will add the "1" for you:

OBiBlueTooth > DigitMap
(1xxxxxxxxxx|<1>[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|011xx.)

However, I suspect from the other posts in this thread, that something odd is going on with the existing digitmaps. Perhaps you would post yours, so we can see what has changed.

CLTGreg

Quote from: ianobi on August 23, 2013, 08:24:31 AM
CLTGreg,

A digitmap such as this will add the "1" for you:

OBiBlueTooth > DigitMap
(1xxxxxxxxxx|<1>[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|011xx.)

However, I suspect from the other posts in this thread, that something odd is going on with the existing digitmaps. Perhaps you would post yours, so we can see what has changed.

I think something is weird too because if you don't dial the one it sends some string that ends up sending the area code and then you get a circuit error from the carrier.

(1xxxxxxxxxx|011xx.|[1-9]11S2|[1-9]xx)

ianobi

Quote(1xxxxxxxxxx|011xx.|[1-9]11S2|[1-9]xx)

This rule is the problem [1-9]xx I have no idea what it's there for. It has no purpose that I can see and will match the first three digits of anything not starting with "0". If you dial 1xxxxxxxxx, then it works so long as you don't pause for more than two seconds after the third digit.

Here's what I suggest:

OBiBlueTooth > DigitMap
(1xxxxxxxxxx|<1>[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|[1-9]11S2|011xx.)

QuoteIt's a hard habit to break. In 20 years I've never dialed a 1 when making a cell phone call.

Now, there's no need to change your old habits   :)