News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Obi202 teksavvy tektalk "Please do not dial a 1 when dialing this number"

Started by BruceKeats, September 06, 2013, 06:17:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BruceKeats

Hi,

I am using Obitalk to configure my Obi202.  I am trying to add teksavvy tektalk as a generic service provider on SP3.  GV is on SP1 and voip.ms is on SP2 and both are working fine.  For teksavvy, I can receive calls, but I cannot make calls to number in my Local Interconnection Region (LIR Canadian equivalent of a US LATA).

I get the "Please do not dial a 1 when dialing this number" followed by I think Obi telling me it got SIP error 500 from teksavvy when I try and call a number within my LIR 613-xxx-xxxx (my number is in the 613 area code).  I also get the same response if I try calling **3 613-xxx-xxxx.  If I try calling long distance to a different number outside my LIR then everything works fine.

Any ideas?  Could it be that Obi202 is adding a 1 prefix before any number sends to teksavvy because I added it as a generic service provider?

Thanks,
Bruce

QBZappy

Hey Bruce,

Welcome

Quote from: BruceKeats on September 06, 2013, 06:17:22 PM
Could it be that Obi202 is adding a 1 prefix before any number sends to teksavvy because I added it as a generic service provider

Look at the call history directly on the unit web page to see what numbers are actually being dialed.
Owner of the 1st OBi110/100 units in service in Canada & South America. 1st OBi202 on my street. 1st OBi1032 in Montreal.

ianobi

Bruce,

GV and most voip providers like to see eleven digits starting with "1", so by default the OBi prepends the "1" if only ten digits are dialled. Here is the default digitmap for sp3:

Service Providers > ITSP Profile C > General > DigitMap:
(1xxxxxxxxxx|<1>[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|011xx.|xx.|(Mipd)|[^*#]@@.)

To fix your problem change it to this:

Service Providers > ITSP Profile C > General > DigitMap:
(1xxxxxxxxxx|[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|011xx.|xx.|(Mipd)|[^*#]@@.)

Additional to the above, automatic routing of calls starting "613" to sp3 can be done by changing whichever digitmap is your Primary Line. For example if the Primary Line is sp1, then something like this:

Service Providers > ITSP Profile A > General > DigitMap:
(<**3>613xxxxxxx|1xxxxxxxxxx|<1>[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|011xx.|xx.|(Mipd)|[^*#]@@.)

BruceKeats

Hi,

Yepper, it Obi is prepending the 1 before any number it calls as seen in the call history.

I am trying to use Obitalk to configure the obi202 rather than the web interface.  Is there anyway to do this using obitalk?

Who do I lobby to get a teksavvy tektalk profile created?

Thanks,
Bruce

BruceKeats

Hi,

Forgot to mention that the configuration change suggested by ianobi seems to go away after the reboot.  I suspect Obitalk is downloading a new config on reboot which is overriding my local changes through the web portal.

The steps I followed, were:
1) change Service Providers > ITSP Profile C > General > DigitMap
2) submit (from the bottom of the page)
3) reboot

When I refresh the page after the reboot, I see Service Providers > ITSP Profile C > General > DigitMap has reverted back to the default.

Bruce

ianobi

Bruce,

The Obihai recommended way is to use OBiTALK. Make changes via the Obi Expert Configuration pages. From your OBi Dashboard, click on your OBi number and follow the prompts to get there. To change a value uncheck both boxes to the right of the value and leave them unchecked. After changing the values on one page, press submit at the bottom of the page and wait a few minutes for the Obi to reboot. Then move on to the next page if required.

You could try lobbying sales@obihai.com. The problem is that there are hundreds of voip providers, so it's hard to create profiles for all of them.

BruceKeats

Hey,

That worked like a charm!  Thanks for walking me through the changes.

If I switch back from expert mode, will it revert the changes?

Thanks,
Bruce

ianobi

There's a lot of debate regarding the best way to change OBi settings. Use one way or the other, but never both. More info here:

http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=92.0