News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

OBI202 to replace incoming lines on pbx

Started by Gavo, September 17, 2013, 08:56:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gavo

Hello All,

A customer of mine has a 2+8 pbx  (i.e. 2 incoming pots lines, line1, line2 and 8 extensions). The incoming lines are the same number.
Customer wants to port these to a SIP trunk provider but keep his pbx.

Therefore will using an OBI202 suffice to recreate lines 1 & 2 ? Can the ports - phone1 and phone2 both be used for incoming and outgoing calls on the one SIP account (with the provider to whom the number has been ported) ?

Cheers

Gavin

Mango

Yes, it is certainly possible to do this.  I use a similar configuration, with 2 OBi110 devices.  The usual rules apply: make sure the VoIP service provider you choose is sufficiently reliable for business use, that they support inbound/outbound Caller ID and phone book listings if required, that everything will be compatible with any fax/alarm/POS system if applicable, and that your router has strict QoS rules set up.

This thread may be useful: http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=3096.0

One note: if you have any issues with the PBX disconnecting calls when it is not supposed to, particularly when an incoming call is answered, look for a setting on the PBX called Disconnect Supervision and make it less sensitive.

Gavo