News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Passing CID with Forking

Started by pitcritter, October 02, 2013, 06:49:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pitcritter

Is it possible to pass along the original CID info when forking to another number (my cellphone in this case).

Currently, forking works fine, but I get the CID of my SP1 account showing up on the cellphone.

ianobi

The answer is yes, if your service provider allows CallerID spoofing. The format is:

Service Providers -> ITSP Profile A -> SIP -> X_SpoofCallerID : checked

Many service providers do not allow CallerID spoofing as your CallerID is often part of your SIP credentials.

pitcritter

Thanks.  I've made the change.  We'll see how it works.

pitcritter

It appears that GV doesn't support spoofing. I get my GV# as the incoming CID.  This makes sense since I'm forking the call to my cellphone via GV.

With the recent announcement, I'm considering switching to CallCentric.  Can anyone tell me if they support spoofing?

azrobert

Quote from: pitcritter on November 03, 2013, 06:18:54 AM
It appears that GV doesn't support spoofing. I get my GV# as the incoming CID.  This makes sense since I'm forking the call to my cellphone via GV.

If the inbound call is to your GV number don't fork the call.
Sign into your GV account and define your cell as a forwarding number.

hwittenb

With the recent announcement, I'm considering switching to CallCentric.  Can anyone tell me if they support spoofing?

No CallCentric does not support spoofing.

pitcritter

@hwittenb, thanks for the info.  It looks like Anveo does, so that may be the direction I'm headed.

@azrobert, I did think of that, but can I have GV forward to both Google Chat and another number?  I can't add my main home number as a forwarding number since it's Canadian, so I do need to keep GV tied to my OBI until I figure out another solution.

dircom

you can get a free NYC CallCentric DID, fwd your GV to that, then use the Obi to pick up the call

azrobert

Quote from: pitcritter on November 03, 2013, 07:52:22 AM
@azrobert, I did think of that, but can I have GV forward to both Google Chat and another number? 

Yes, have them both checked.

pitcritter

Thanks for the suggestions.

Now it's time to play.

hwittenb

It looks like Anveo does, so that may be the direction I'm headed.

One way to do it with Anveo that I just tested  is to setup an incoming sip uri DID with Anveo, on the OBi fork the incoming call to the Anveo sip uri and then route the Anveo sip uri to an Anveo Call Flow that forwards all calls to your cell phone.  Of course, you have Spoof Caller ID checked on the OBi.