News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

OBI202 and GV: Message waiting indicator works only sometimes

Started by FromNY, October 05, 2013, 08:56:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FromNY

I have OBI202 and GoogleVoice as SP1. I noticed that Voice Message Indicator works only sometimes lately. For instance, according to Google Voice logs I received a call on 10/05/2013 at 7:45pm EST and caller left a message. When I came home, Voice Message Indicator was not on and I found out that I have a message by checking GV portal. It happened a few times before after latest firmware update for OBI202.
Obihai please help me to resolve this problem.

Thank you.

mofsoft

I had the same issue.  Used the on-line chat feature to talk to Obi help desk.  For me, the issue was two-step authentication.  Once I turned two-step authentication off on my Google account, my phone started to get the proper stutter and visual blinking light indicator.

Interestingly, the help desk did say that the only times an Obi talk device will indicate you have a vociemail is
a) rebooting the device
b) making a phone call from your connected phone
c) automatically once every hour

So if someone leaves a VM and "a" and "b" have not yet happened, then you won't get an indication for up to 60 minutes.