News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Format Caller ID xxx-xxx-xxxx OBI110 Polycom IP phone

Started by Baumbach, October 12, 2013, 11:12:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baumbach

My OBi110 sends the caller ID from Google Voice to my Polycom SoundPoint IP 335 in the format of "SIP:xxxxxxxxxx@192.xxx.xxx.xxx"

The OBi correctly rings my standard analog phone with caller ID format "xxx-xxx-xxxx"

Incoming calls from other lines other then Google Voice, i.e. POTS line correctly format the CID, it's just calls from GV that include the @xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx.

What setting can I make in the OBi110 for it to send the caller ID (CID) in the format of "xxx-xxx-xxx" or "xxxxxxxxxx" thus stripping the "SIP:" at the beginning and the "@192.xxx.xxx.xxx" from the end of the CID number.

Having "SIP:1234567890@192.192.192.192" scroll across the LCD screen as a CID is next to impossible to see what phone number is calling in.

More info

I emailed OBi tech support about formatting the CID and they said... "Please post this question to Obihai forum where some other members might have done it and could chime in:"

I setup the OBi110 and Polycom per instructions at..
http://voxilla.com/2011/02/15/how-to-obify-your-ip-phone-no-asterisk-involved/

ITSP Profile B
ProxyServer 192.xxx.xxx.xxx to IP phone
X_SpoofCallerID Enabled

Voice Services SP1 Service (GV)
X_InboundCallRoute ph,sp2(line-1-name)

Voice Services SP2 Service
X_InboundCallRoute {line-1-name>(911):li},{line-1-name>(xxxxxxxxx):pp},{line-1-name>(xx.):sp}

Thanks.