News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

need as advice regards new service

Started by net1, November 07, 2013, 05:34:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

net1

I sign up to google voice 2 month ago and Im really pleased with that service using obi100. Now we all got not good news and it's time to think abou new phone service.

I dont use home phone line often, so I really look for the cheapest voip provider.
However my wife use home phone line much often, so I could use unlimited voip provider. Is any voip service that provides free inbound calls and provides you something like 500~600 outbound minutes. Which VOIP provider is the cheapest one? Any suggestions?
Can I use obi100 again?

Thank u all for your help

hwittenb

Whether you can use the OBi100 for a new provider depends on the provider that you choose.  Some providers, such as Vonage, require that you use their preconfigured ata.

Some providers package their services with a flat rate, some have both flat rate and pay per minute, others are strictly pay per minute.  For incoming calls providers often provide numbers with a choice of unlimited incoming or per minute pricing.  In the U.S. and Canada you also need to allow for 911 emergency calling service which carries a small monthly fee. 

CallCentric is fairly unique in that they provide a free incoming number located in certain parts of New York State.  Incoming numbers, though, in general are not very expensive. 

For outgoing calls, 600 minutes at 0.01 per minute is $6 per month.  600 minutes at 0.02 per minute is $12 per month. 

Three providers that I would look at are CallCentric, Voip.ms, and Anveo.  In addition, Callwithus is also very good, but only provides outbound calling for U.S. customers. 

There are others.  With the above providers you can certainly use your own OBi100.  You can even configure more than one provider on the adapter.  You can configure two providers with both incoming and outgoing calls plus you can configure additional outgoing only providers if you wish.