News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Callcentric and Apple Airport Router (Supposed) Issue

Started by CmdrWestside, November 08, 2013, 04:02:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CmdrWestside

Tried to set up Callcentric on my OBI110, it ain't working.  I sent screenshots, etc., with the Callcentric support people and everybody agrees that the Obi is set up properly for Callcentric.  Except it never calls home to the Callcentric mothership to register the device.

They think it's my Airport router... even though their softphone works fine through it and GV worked fine through it.

Is the Obi somehow different than their softphone, protocol wise??  I think they're grasping at straws...  my DSL box is set to bridge to the Airport, which takes care of the PPPoE connection, and they want me to reset the box back to making it log in to PPPoE and act as a router and then see if the Obi works.

This is a pain since I have to be sure I have the right password (Verizon says it's the same email/password as their site, which I don't think is true), then I have to set the box up as a router, then back to bridge, etc, etc..

Does any of this make sense to anybody?  I'm thinking I'm just going to have to kiss my $5.00 goodbye and try another VOIP provider...

Thanks in advance,

Commander

drgeoff

Did you confirm you have internet connectivity on your 110?  You can do that by calling the Obi test number **9 222 222 222.

How are you configuring the 110?  Locally via the unit's web page or on the Obitalk portal (Obitalk or Expert)?