News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

The device has joined the network before, and under another user's account

Started by milambr, November 10, 2013, 11:48:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

milambr

I've been using the Obi202 successfully for a few months now but made the mistake of when I originally set it up to just attach it to my normal google account which had voice setup but with a number in Texas and I'm getting tired of people saying to me "Oh I didn't know you were in Texas".  So this weekend I setup a new google voice account with a number in my native No. California and I thought deleted the old account from my obi device.  I then logged out of google and looked into my new google account with the new google voice number I wanted to use with it.  Went to Obitalk and told it to setup a new account and when I tell it to setup the device and I call the **5 XXXX number that it gives me it says on the phone that it has sent it to the server but then I get this error:

The device has joined the network before, and under another user's account.

If you want to add this device, please do a factory reset and

click try again or click cancel to return to the device list

I followed the instructions to factory reset both voice and internet on the box but still get the same error.  Does anyone have any ideas for me?

Thanks!

sdb-

Let me guess...

You are logging into OBiTalk with your new google account?

OBiTalk is the one complaining about your device.  If you are using a new OBiTalk account it will do that.

Did you try a factory reset of your OBi202?

If that does not work, then log into OBiTalk using your OLD account, and remove the device from that old OBiTalk account.