News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

obi110 echo canceller

Started by shailen, December 04, 2013, 05:34:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

shailen

Hi,
Can the jitter buffer length be set and the echo canceller disabled on the obi110? I can't remove echo without this.

Thanks,

Shailen.

QBZappy

Quote from: shailen on December 04, 2013, 05:34:39 AM
Can the jitter buffer length be set and the echo canceller disabled on the obi110? I can't remove echo without this.

@Shailen

As far as I know this is the only way to control jitter buffer length using the OBi. This was casually mentioned in another thread.

Re: Trouble with Credit Card terminal but faxing works great
http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=6625.msg41922#msg41922

Quote from: obiliving on September 13, 2013, 03:58:08 PM
Modem is sensitive to jitter buffer adjustments during a call. Your OBi can detect FAX tone and will switch off jitter buffer adjustment when FAX is detected (it might even switch to T.38/FAX Relay if the call peer also supports it). That makes your FAX work better.

However there is no Modem signal detection support.
There is a new feature in the latest firmware (3.0.1.4109) that may help (do a f/w upgrade first).
It allows you to disable jitter buffer adjustment for the next outgoing call, by dialing a *code (of your choice). This is what you can do: Add a Star Code (under Star Code Profile) like this:

*01, Modem Call, set($Noji1,200),set($Noec1,1),set($Cdm1,3)

The 3 set() commands tell the obi to do the following for the next outbound call:
1. Disable Jitter Buffer Adjustment, and use a fixed jitter buffer length of 200 ms
2. Disable Echo Canceller
3. Use only G711u and G711a codec

Replace *01 with any code you like, as long as it does not conflict with other codes.
Then dial the target number and see if the modem call works better.
Note that this only controls the OBi; the quality will still be affected by the behavior of the call peer and any network impairment. Good luck.
Owner of the 1st OBi110/100 units in service in Canada & South America. 1st OBi202 on my street. 1st OBi1032 in Montreal.

shailen

Does this apply to the obi110 ???

Thanks,

Shailen.

QBZappy

Quote from: obiliving on September 13, 2013, 03:58:08 PM
(it might even switch to T.38/FAX Relay if the call peer also supports it).

The reference to T.38/Fax relay suggests OBi2XX, as the OBi1XX does not have Fax relay feature. You may ask customer support for a clarification, as only they would know for sure without someone simply testing it on the OBi110. Come back and let us know.
Owner of the 1st OBi110/100 units in service in Canada & South America. 1st OBi202 on my street. 1st OBi1032 in Montreal.