News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Anveo - outbound CallerID for SIP to SIP calls

Started by ipse, January 02, 2014, 09:08:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ipse

Apologies if this was answered here before and I missed it, but I'd like to know if the Outbound CallerID info I populated in my Anveo "SIP Device Registration" page is supposed to work with SIP to SIP calls.

It doesn't at the moment - it works however on SIP-PSTN calls.

As it stands, the CallerID is sent as the Anveo username - which makes little sense for the called party.

I have an Obi110 as my ATA, but don't think there is anything I can set in there to change what Anveo sends out - at least I did not find a way.

Cheers...and BTW, I posted this on dslreports as well, didn't get a clarification yet.
Of all the things I lost, I miss my mind the most. - Mark Twain

giqcass

I don't know if this will do it but I think Anveo supports it for sip to sip calls.  Even then it might get tossed out by the receiving party.  On the Obi try the following.  ITSP Profile X and SPX refer to the Sip Profile and Service provider Anveo is using.

Service Provider>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>ITSP Profile X
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>SIP
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>X_SpoofCallerID =checked

Voice Services>>>   
>>>>>>>>>>>>>SPX
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>CallerIDName
Long live our new ObiLords!

ipse

Thanks giqcass...I had these 3 settings set the way you suggested but as I said, it didn't work :(
Interesting, when the other party calls me (Callcentric->Anveo, SIP-to-SIP, Obi to Obi) I see their CC 1777 number AND the Caller Name.
Could this have anything to do with me being in Canada and the 2 providers in US (different CNAM handling)? But then again,  my buddy is in Canada too....

Obviously not a big deal, but I admit getting lost in CallerID and CNAM manipulations with VoIP.

hwittenb

If you are calling a sip uri from the OBi110 Anveo doesn't send the call, the OBi110 sends the call.  The OBi110 pulls the caller id from the userid you have setup under the SPx UserID field, or if a Gateway it pulls the caller id from the AuthID field in the Gateway.

If you are calling using a SpeedDial then the OBi also has a format to introduce a userid ... ;ui=19251234567 ...  See Enhancements & Fixes in Maintenance Release 1.2.1(2283)
http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=9.0

ipse

Quote from: hwittenb on January 03, 2014, 10:15:03 AM
If you are calling a sip uri from the OBi110 Anveo doesn't send the call, the OBi110 sends the call.  The OBi110 pulls the caller id from the userid you have setup under the SPx UserID field, or if a Gateway it pulls the caller id from the AuthID field in the Gateway.

If you are calling using a SpeedDial then the OBi also has a format to introduce a userid ... ;ui=19251234567 ...  See Enhancements & Fixes in Maintenance Release 1.2.1(2283)
http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=9.0

That IS sweet...thanks for the tip...I actually DO use a speed dial entry for this.

/EDIT: No dice...

Interestingly, when I set the speedial entry xx=SP2(1777xxxxxxxx@in.callcentric.com;ui=1234) the called party sees an anonymous call (no callerID sent)
When I configure xx=SP2(1777xxxxxxxx@in.callcentric.com;user=1234), the CallerID is the Anveo account name, same as without the option.

I wonder if this is the place to force a change - as this is mainly designed for NAT traversal (it's been a while since I looked into SIP+NAT).

giqcass

Quote from: ipse on January 03, 2014, 08:47:32 AM
Thanks giqcass...I had these 3 settings set the way you suggested but as I said, it didn't work :(
Interesting, when the other party calls me (Callcentric->Anveo, SIP-to-SIP, Obi to Obi) I see their CC 1777 number AND the Caller Name.
Could this have anything to do with me being in Canada and the 2 providers in US (different CNAM handling)? But then again,  my buddy is in Canada too....

Obviously not a big deal, but I admit getting lost in CallerID and CNAM manipulations with VoIP.

Have the Callcentric user add you to their address book with your sip uri.  I think that might solve the issue.  They may actually need to add your external ip adress.  I have to test this one to see what it looks like on that end. 
Long live our new ObiLords!