News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

OBi 100 stopped receiving inbound GV calls, outgoing calls work fine

Started by pinax, January 16, 2014, 01:44:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pinax

I've been using the same Google Voice setup with my OBi 100 for several months, and everything's worked very well.  Today I just stopped receiving incoming calls.  I only noticed because my cell phone rang (it's also set up as a GV forwarding phone), but the home phone/OBi phone did not.  I had friends call me multiple times, all with the same result.  Outgoing calls on the OBi continue to work great, and they show up in the call log.  Incoming calls don't ring and do not show up on the call log.

Nothing at all has changed with my configuration.  All devices are powered up/charged; connectivity is excellent.  Nothing's wrong with my home network.  I've double- and triple-checked.  I removed then re-added my OBi 100 to the device list on OBiTALK to see if that helped, but no luck.

Would greatly appreciate any help!  Thank you.

pinax

I submitted a support ticket, and the OBi staff were very helpful. The problem was with an iPhone app I had been using, GV Mobile +. I really liked that app, and it had worked fine for a long time (until this morning, as far as I can tell). But unless I'm missing something, something must've changed recently. Anyway, I uninstalled it from my phone, and also removed any GV Mobile + settings in my GV configuration. That did it.

The support staffer who helped recommended the Google Hangouts app. That I guess would work, but since I've really been trying to avoid joining Google+, I installed the original Google Voice app (also developed by Google), and that appears to work just fine too. It hasn't bee updated since September, so whether Google will continue supporting it or, finally, force me to join Google+, I don't know. But it works for now.