News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Obivoice (Intelafone) vs. Forthcoming Obihai Service?

Started by Arghtastic, January 17, 2014, 07:28:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cluckercreek

Are you getting your stuttertone and light indicator for voicemail after doing this?

ceg3

Quote from: cluckercreek on February 10, 2014, 08:34:43 AM
Are you getting your stuttertone and light indicator for voicemail after doing this?
I do. I was worried that manually configuring my OBi again would start up the rebooting problems I had when I first setup with Obivoice and that the MWI would fail, but everything seems to be working well. Ryan at Obivoice assured me over the weekend that the MWI problems had been resolved, but would take another look.

cluckercreek

I can not get my MWI to work at all. Very frustrating. Andrew told  me by email that they didn't support this and that I needed to come here or other forums. Kind of ironic since I learned of Obivoice here in the first place.

intelafone

MWI works great with the service.  We initially had some bugs with the MWI lights and stuttering dial tone but those problems have been resolved.  If you use the easy setup utility the MWI is installed correctly by default.  If you are using the Obihai Obitalk.com portal you will need to follow the instructions here

https://intelafone.desk.com/customer/portal/articles/1413429-mwi-on-obi-stuttering-dial-tone-message-waiting-notification

Let me know if you need any further assistance setting up MWI.
Vestalink | XMPP Shutdown and Vestalink
BYOD Home VoIP Service | Approved Obihai Provider | Free GV Number Porting

ceg3

Quote from: intelafone on February 10, 2014, 06:14:22 PM
MWI works great with the service.  We initially had some bugs with the MWI lights and stuttering dial tone but those problems have been resolved.  If you use the easy setup utility the MWI is installed correctly by default.  If you are using the Obihai Obitalk.com portal you will need to follow the instructions here

https://intelafone.desk.com/customer/portal/articles/1413429-mwi-on-obi-stuttering-dial-tone-message-waiting-notification

Let me know if you need any further assistance setting up MWI.
There is an issue with the link.  I pointed out to Ryan a week or so ago that the MWISubscribeExpires should have a value of 3600, not 360. He was then able to correct the error and get MWI working great. You might want to look at correcting the example. I can testify that MWI worked for me when I used the easy setup tool. It is also working well for me now that I have again configured my setup manually.

MarcJ

Another "so far so good" post ... the only thing I'm missing is E911 - the Obihai portal shows my SP1 as still being Google Voice and that it can't support 911 service. But inbound and outbound calls, spoofing the previous GV # are all working perfectly. Any ideas?

intelafone

Quote from: MarcJ on February 11, 2014, 10:57:37 AM
Another "so far so good" post ... the only thing I'm missing is E911 - the Obihai portal shows my SP1 as still being Google Voice and that it can't support 911 service. But inbound and outbound calls, spoofing the previous GV # are all working perfectly. Any ideas?

If you have an account with Obivoice; you can configure one of your SP lines with your Obivoice number, then just have Google Voice forward your calls to your Obivoice Number, and finally spoof your Outbound Caller ID as your GV number so all of your calls will appear as if they're coming from your GV number.

Since your device is still using your Obivoice number to make outbound calls, you will have full E911 capability when calling 911. When you dial 911, your true Caller ID (and E911 info) will display, not your spoofed number.

giqcass

Quote from: intelafone on February 11, 2014, 11:35:41 AM
When you dial 911, your true Caller ID (and E911 info) will display, not your spoofed number.

Thanks for that info.  I had wondered whether the true CID or Spoofed CID showed for 911.  Do you provide a 911 test number?  Many Voip services provide something like 933 for tests.
Long live our new ObiLords!

intelafone

Yes, 933 is our 911 testing number as well.  Please dial 933 to test your E911 services. 

cluckercreek

I have to give a big thumbs up to Ryan @ Obivoice. He has been working with me, patiently I may add, to get my Stuttertone issue straightened out. I now have stuttertone!!!!!! ;D  Kudos to Obivoice!!!

ceg3

Quote from: cluckercreek on February 11, 2014, 05:34:58 PM
I have to give a big thumbs up to Ryan @ Obivoice. He has been working with me, patiently I may add, to get my Stutterton issue straightened out. I now have stuttertone!!!!!! ;D  Kudos to Obivoice!!!
Congratulations! I knew you (with Ryan's help) could do it.

oecra

Quote from: DrewMan on February 05, 2014, 10:11:17 AM
Setting up Obivoice as a Mobile does not affect the time to pick up.  It does allow you not to set up GV voicemail on that "device".  This eliminates GV voicemail altogether and defaults to the Obivoice vmail.... the way a mobile phone would default to the service provider's vmail.  Hope I am being clear.

Thanks DrewMan. I wanted to bypass GV voice mail and use my answering machine instead, and your suggestion worked.  Previously, GV would pick up at the same exact time as my answering machine. To get around that, I had to set my answering machine to pick up after only 2 rings, which I did not like.  Changing my forwarding # to mobile allowed me to set my answering machine back on 4 rings.

Dixon

You don't need to setup 911 on the Obi with Obivoice. 911 is handled through OV. So if OV is setup and working on the Obi, 911 should work. Check your 911 info at https://www.obivoice.com/e911.php

kallsop

Here's a strange one. Did a full reset on my Obi202 and ran the config tool at Obivoice. Forwarded my GV # to the Obivoice #. Set up Obivoice CID spoofing to use the GV number. Everything works for incoming and outgoing.

But, every few hours I now get a call with caller ID of 100. Answer the call, nothing but silence. The Obivoice call log does not show the call at all, neither does the GV call log. Any ideas why we get these calls?

giqcass

Quote from: kallsop on February 15, 2014, 08:55:23 PM
Here's a strange one. Did a full reset on my Obi202 and ran the config tool at Obivoice. Forwarded my GV # to the Obivoice #. Set up Obivoice CID spoofing to use the GV number. Everything works for incoming and outgoing.

But, every few hours I now get a call with caller ID of 100. Answer the call, nothing but silence. The Obivoice call log does not show the call at all, neither does the GV call log. Any ideas why we get these calls?

Look up the "oleg method" in this forum for a fix.  It sounds like sip scanners.

http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=5467.0
Long live our new ObiLords!

eclas

Quote from: Dixon on February 15, 2014, 07:01:17 PM
You don't need to setup 911 on the Obi with Obivoice. 911 is handled through OV. So if OV is setup and working on the Obi, 911 should work. Check your 911 info at https://www.obivoice.com/e911.php

I was quite miffed yesterday about  a pay for service that had such limited support but I've calmed down for the time being.
At any rate, I had already Fully set up obivoice thru their web portal including the E911 page. My phone is working great except for the 911 service.
I filled out the page for 911, updated and saved it.
I thought maybe I did something out of order possibly so I even started over and fully reset the box from the obivoice site. Then I went back and re-saved my E911 info.
I still get the device not configured when I dial 911.
I know I'll get it going sooner or later, it's just frustrating. I've built and repaired computers for over 30yrs now and know windows machines inside and out but this stuff is real new to me and I'm getting too lazy to learn all this stuff.

If anyone has an idea on why my 911 is not provisioning or whatever the hell the term is I'd appreciate it. In the meantime I'll tell the wife to have her cell phone ready if she has an emergency. :)

eclas

Ok, I started from scratch. I deleted both SP1 and 2 from my dashboard at obitalk then unplugged the obi110 to reset it.
I went to the obivoice web portal and re-sent the automatic configuration and updated the E911 info.
No change at all. Phone service fully working with my GV number showing on caller ID BUT when trying to dial 911...
I still get the device not configured error.
At this point I give up and if intelaphone can't get my 911 service working by early this week i'll probably dump it and look elsewhere.

ceg3

Quote from: eclas on February 16, 2014, 04:47:27 AM
Ok, I started from scratch. I deleted both SP1 and 2 from my dashboard at obitalk then unplugged the obi110 to reset it.
I went to the obivoice web portal and re-sent the automatic configuration and updated the E911 info.
No change at all. Phone service fully working with my GV number showing on caller ID BUT when trying to dial 911...
At this point I give up and if intelaphone can't get my 911 service working by early this week i'll probably dump it and look elsewhere.

If you want to start over and run the Obivoice easy setup tool just ignore the OBiTALK management page. In fact, you could just delete your OBi if you wanted.  I think you have already deleted SP1 and 2. Before running the easy setup tool do a complete reset of the device by entering ***81, wait 30 seconds, and then run the setup tool. That reset is more complete than just power cycling by unplugging and replugging in your OBi. That would give you true new start.

eclas

Thanks ceg3, I tried your suggestion (***81), then auto config and updated my E911 info but I still get the 'no service configured error, please logon to obitalk.com blah blah when dialing 911.
Do u think it would help to fully delete the device from obitalk totally?
I'll give that a try cause I can always add it back on if need be.

Quote from: ceg3 on February 16, 2014, 06:08:19 AM
Quote from: eclas on February 16, 2014, 04:47:27 AM

If you want to start over and run the Obivoice easy setup tool just ignore the OBiTALK management page. In fact, you could just delete your OBi if you wanted.  I think you have already deleted SP1 and 2. Before running the easy setup tool do a complete reset of the device by entering ***81, wait 30 seconds, and then run the setup tool. That reset is more complete than just power cycling by unplugging and replugging in your OBi. That would give you true new start.

eclas

FINALLY! I should have just done the nuclear option to start.
When I deleted the device from obitalk dashboard and then added it back with the settings from intelaphone then bingo my 911 call got answered with my correct address.

Thanks for the suggestions