News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Cant register with SIP provider

Started by mrjoli021, March 03, 2014, 06:33:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mrjoli021

I have an Obihai 202 that I am trying to register with my SIP provider.  I have registered a soft phone and a different ATA without a problem with the same credentials.  I have logged into OBiTalk and followed the instructions on setting up a generic SIP provider.  After I save the information I look and I see that it says "Service Not Configured" under  status of SP1.  I have upgraded to the latest version and called my provider and they dont see any attempts at registration from the Obihai 202 

Any suggestion?

gderf

Is the provider one the OBiTALK system knows how to auto-configure for?

Are you putting only the required information required in? Not all providers need to have every available configuration option filled in.
Help me OBiHai PhoneOBi. You're my only hope.

mrjoli021

NO this is a new provider and I am using generic SIP provider.  I am putting
Service Provider Proxy Server = myprovider address
Username = Username provided by provider
Password = Provided by provider
URI and Out Bound Proxy are empty

I have tried with and without OUTBound Proxy and same thing

Same information works on softphone.

gderf

The only thing I can think of next is to hit the submit button, wait a while, then submit again, and again if needed. I have seen it take two or three tries here on occasion.

mrjoli021

As stupid as this sounds after three submits it works.

Thanks

gderf

Yer welcome.

Like they say, the third time was the charm ;)

bluemarble

I am having difficulty with my device with callcentric, sip.iptel.org and google voice. All 4 SIP are showing "service not configured". I installed express talk softphone and use the setting for callcentric and sip.iptel.org, and after I dialed the numbers express talk will ring. So I know it is not the problem with the setting. I don't know if it is the device itself with problem as I have already pass the 30 day return at amazon.

Does anyone else have idea what might be wrong? Google voice worked at one point and then stop working. I deleted and reinstalled but nothing worked. The only thing I can think of is I used obivoice, now verstalink and it did the automatic thing to register my obihai. Now that I don't use obivoice after the free trial and I reset the device, it might have been around that time I can't get another other setting working.

gderf

If your OBi is connected to the OBiTALK portal, delete it and then reset it to factory defaults with a paperclip. Then rejoin it to OBiTALK if you want to, or just configure it via its own web interface.

bluemarble

update: I deleted the device and register it again. then added the sip. it still show "Service Not Configured" but I can make outgoing calls with google voice and receive calls from google voice and callcentric and iptel.org

henrychow

The first thing that I will check is the connection to your SIP server. Can you ping your sip server? There is another thing that I will also check is your firewall. SIP registration. Please make sure port 5060/5061 (TCP and UDP) are not blocked.