News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Unable to verify e911 with Anveo

Started by traal, March 10, 2014, 03:49:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

traal

My house was completed in October. I'm trying to sign up for Anveo because Google Voice is going away, but I keep getting "E911 Address Verification/Address is invalid or not covered!" It says, "Please review the address specified and submit the correct address. If your address is still not recognized then we are anable [sic] to offer our services to you."

Has anyone else had this problem? How much longer do I need to wait before I can sign up? Anveo's sales department hasn't responded to an e-mail I sent over a week ago.

traal

I tried Callcentric and had the same problem. So I filled out a trouble ticket and they were able to get me past it so I could finish signing up.

WSmith

I had to put in my address exactly as it looked on my phone bill with the 4 digit zip code extension to get Anveo to recognize it.  Look at your current phone provider's bill.

PeteMoss

Well one of the features many VOIP providers tout (and warn) about is that you can/should change your E911 address whenever you travel with the ATA or move. How are you to do that if the address must match your previous phone bill or it really a formatting issue?

SteveInWA

Yah, if Anveo is truly having a systemic problem with E-911 setup, (and, they have that ridiculous limit on the number of 911 calls that can be made), their E-911 service isn't worth it.

There should be no requirement to verify via a phone bill.  On Callcentric, for example, you just enter your street address, and then they verify it via their 911 service provider.  I assume that provider uses some database of valid US street addresses (USPS or a third party).  As long as you have a valid address, (vs. something fictitious or a typo), your 911 service should be enabled.  And, when you travel or move, you can quickly change it online.

AlanB

Reading back to the original post I bet this was due to new construction. Anveo and Callcentric probably need to verify a valid address otherwise how do they know which local center to route call too?

We had a new zip code before and some sites didn't recognize it for over two years!