News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

[Closed] Google Voice to Anveo settings ?

Started by st167, March 28, 2014, 07:42:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

st167

Hello,
when someone calls my GV#, which is forwarded to my SIP connected Anveo number, calls do not get connected.

Other party keeps hearing rings even if I have picked up my phone. Even I can't hear anything...on my end it is all silent. Then phone goes to GV voicemail for the calling party after usual 25 sec rings.

My settings are:
GV# -> forward to -> Anveo#
Obi202 - SP1 is configed to Anveo with ring for incoming (and it does ring).
Anveo call flow is =  Start -> delay 3sec -> SIP legacy, ring 25sec -> VM.

I can see the incoming call in the call log of anveo too. Direct call to anveo# works as expected.

Any suggestions ?

Thank you.

MikeHObi

Quote from: st167 on March 28, 2014, 07:42:31 AM
Other party keeps hearing rings even if I have picked up my phone. Even I can't hear anything...on my end it is all silent. Then phone goes to GV voicemail for the calling party after usual 25 sec rings.

why did you pick up your phone?  Was it ringing?  I'm going to guess it wasn't ringing.

Google voice partners with a phone company.  The phone company they partner with is not properly connecting some routes to various numbers, most commonly low cost or free numbers from voip providers.

This problem with connecting shows up as excessive time to complete calls resulting in calls going to voicemail before they are able to ring your obi (you may hear only 1 ring on the obi).  It has also showed up as invalid Caller ID often showing up as Private or Anonymous even though the CID should be correct.  Google has yet to admit to the problem and does not have a process to resolve it.

This has been a problem for me with both Callcentric and Anveo.  It happened enough that I gave up, and ported my number off Google Voice.   
Obi202 user & Obi100 using Anveo and Callcentric.

st167

Thank you for your reply.
Yes, I picked up after phone rang. As you are suggesting, if this is a "known" issue then I will have to port my number out.
I really like the concept of GV that I can keep one number with them and that directs calls to # I want.

MikeHObi

Quote from: st167 on March 28, 2014, 09:51:22 AM
Thank you for your reply.
Yes, I picked up after phone rang. As you are suggesting, if this is a "known" issue then I will have to port my number out.
I really like the concept of GV that I can keep one number with them and that directs calls to # I want.

You can do that with some other services, I'm pretty sure I could with Anveo, but then you have to pay the minutes for the calls.  It is unfortunate that google has been such a problem lately as free is nice, but only when it works.
Obi202 user & Obi100 using Anveo and Callcentric.

st167

Ported my number to Anveo. So far everything is good.
My parents phone is still configed as GV# forward to Anveo#...and it is working just fine !