News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Restrict SPx to Outbound Only / No Incoming Calls

Started by SeanC, April 03, 2014, 11:23:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SeanC

My end goal is to have one SPx registration with only outbound capabilities.

Is there a way I can tell the SIP registration to not even register incoming calls for a SP?

I think I am looking for a solution beyond scoping X_InboundCallRoute.  In my scenario, I have two OBi's in different physical network locations and wish to use the same SP on each, with one always ringing for receiving calls and the other device not able to receive calls but only able to place outgoing calls.  When using X_InboundCallRoute, both OBi's register with my SP and whichever registered first, gets the SIP call for incoming traffic; thus simply not ringing on the X_InboundCallRoute configured device or ringing the other if it was luckily the chosen registered device...

Gurus?   Thanks!!

gderf

You can't register two devices using the same SIP credentials and expect anything to work properly, it's an ambiguous configuration even if the service provider allows it.

I don't have any other suggestions for you though.
Help me OBiHai PhoneOBi. You're my only hope.

Huib

Uncheck X_RegisterEnable under Voice Services->SPx Service

KAura

It seems you may want to register one Obi device for in/out and
transfer incoming calls to your other Obi device, thus avoiding
multiple sip registrations.

mykmayk

Voice Service > SPx Service > X_InboundCallRoute:

Uncheck both OBiTALK Settings and Device Default then replace "ph" with "{}"
əʞɪɯ mɪke

drgeoff

Quote from: Huib on April 04, 2014, 07:14:39 AM
Uncheck X_RegisterEnable under Voice Services->SPx Service
I second this suggestion.  (On the  OBi which is for outgoing calls only.)

Though I don't run a permanent set-up with two SIP devices registered with the same credentials, I have previously done "experiments" which had that and never found any problems.  However it is possible that some ITSPs don't support it.