News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Obi100 Dialplan for alternate provider for e911

Started by stonemason, April 11, 2014, 01:33:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stonemason

Is there a simple way to modify our default dial plan for our installed base of Obi 100's so that 911 calls would route thru ITSP Profile B and SP2 service rather than ITSP A and SP1 ?

giqcass

Quote from: stonemason on April 11, 2014, 01:33:47 PM
installed base of Obi 100's
Welcome to the forum.  Your wording makes me question how many you are updating.  If you have a large number of Obis that you will be configuring and possibly reconfiguring often you may want to look into auto provisioning.  If this is a rare thing or you just have a few it's easier to just update manually.

Here is a reply from another thread that covers this topic.  In the example they are using SP1 but a simple change of SP2 will suffice.  Don't copy the whole string in the example made in the quote. It is for a different Obi model.  I place it there for reference only There is no reason to touch the rest of your default string.  I recommend adding just the reference to 911 at the beginning of your default string.  If your provider does 933 for test you may also want to add a reference for that.
{911:sp2},
OR
{911:sp2},{933:sp2},

Quote from: azrobert on November 27, 2013, 10:45:19 PM
Service Providers -> ITSP Profile A -> General -> DigitMap:
(1xxxxxxxxxx|<1>xxxxxxxxxx|<1abc>xxxxxxx)

Physical Interfaces -> Phone Port ->

OutboundCallRoute:
{911:sp1},{([1-9]x?*(Mpli)):pp},{(<#:>):li},{**0:aa},{***:aa2},{(<**1:>(Msp1)):sp1},{(<**2:>(Msp2)):sp2},{(<**8:>(Mli)):li},{(<**9:>(Mpp)):pp},{(Mpli):pli}

PrimaryLine:
SP1 Service

In the DigitMap I added a rule to prepend your local area code (abc) to a dialed 7 digit number and deleted rules you don't need.
In the outbound route I deleted 911 from the rule routing it to the line port and added a rule to route it the SP1.
800 numbers will be routed to SP1 with the default settings.
Do you want 800 numbers routed to a Toll Free provider like Future-Nine or CallWithUs? They provide this service for free.
Long live our new ObiLords!

stonemason

Thanks very much for the help.  I will test with "611" or "511".

azrobert

You should add 511 and 611 to the Phone Port Digitmap like this:
|511|611

If you are using rule "xx." it will work without the above addition, but the OBi will wait 10 seconds before routing the call.