News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

once plug obi100 to my rouoter I lost my dns server, any help please, thanks

Started by yeahsoo8, May 01, 2011, 12:59:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RonR

What was your DNS server's address before you plug in the OBi?

What is your DNS server's address after you plug in the OBi?

How are you determining your DNS server's address?

Please give as much information as possible as it doesn't make sense that a DNS server would disappear after plugging the OBi into your LAN.

yeahsoo8

dns is Get Automatically From ISP,  
this is I got from my router setting

the error message I got after I tried use windows troubleshoot t fix my connection, it said dns server not responding

I have to wait a long time and reboot my modem and router  to get the connection back

Quote from: RonR on May 01, 2011, 01:23:09 PM
What was your DNS server's address before you plug in the OBi?

What is your DNS server's address after you plug in the OBi?

How are you determining your DNS server's address?

Please give as much information as possible as it doesn't make sense that a DNS server would disappear after plugging the OBi into your LAN.

RonR

It sounds like plugging the OBi into your LAN may be bringing the whole LAN down.

With the OBi plugged into the LAN, does ***1 report a valid IP address?

If so, can you make an echo test call (**9 222 222 222)?

Do you have a different Ethernet cable to try?

Do you have a different router to try?

yhfung

If you are able to fix your problem using your existing router, please consider to factory reset your router and replace the DHCP with Static in the Network Settings of Network Adminstration of your OBi100. According to your router settings, fill it some entries with reference to the folloiwng linke:

http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=28.msg4816#msg4816

After the reboot, try to carry out the OBiTalk echo test by

**9 222 222 222 to see if OBi110 works.

YH
Hong Kong and China OBi Users Group
www.telecom-cafe.com

yeahsoo8

it seem it is working now somehow,
I can call **9 222222222

but after I set up the google voice
how do I call regular land phone number or mobile phone number?
It can only call someone have an obihai device as well?

I called my google voice number but my phone connected to obihai did not ring either

I guess it become a setup/use question now, but if someone can give me some tips, thank you and bow.

IS the account has to be xx@gmail.com?
if i use yahoo.com to register google voice it won't work?

RonR

Set up Google Voice on SP1 Service.  Set SP1 Service as your PrimaryLine.  Then simply make and receive calls through Google Voice like you would on any other telephone.

yeahsoo8

Quote from: RonR on May 01, 2011, 04:53:29 PM
Set up Google Voice on SP1 Service.  Set SP1 Service as your PrimaryLine.  Then simply make and receive calls through Google Voice like you would on any other telephone.

I figured out that is because the yahoo account to login googel voice, jsut register an gmail account,
now I can use my obihai phone to call my cell phone

also have to check gmail chat to link to google voice,  now it seems works both way!

thank you all above, it seems it is not that easy to configure for new users, but finally it works
thank you again

RonR

When you set up your Google Voice account (at Google) you should have picked an incoming number.  If you didn't, go back and get a Google Voice number.  Then it can be called like any other landline number and it will ring your OBi phone.