News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Google Voice - still working - and its 16 May 2014

Started by justgrant, May 16, 2014, 03:27:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

synchron

Since GV/OBI is still working, I switched back my SP1 (Google Voice) and SP2 (Sipsorcery) as primary since I was having intermittent phone ringing issues with just sipsorcery, yet GoogleTalk (SMPP) is ringing my phone perfectly.  The 2 DIDs I use are from IpComms and IpKall.

Hope the whole May 15th thing was just a scare tactic.... :P

Usetheforceobiwan

Google will do whatever it wants to when it wants to.  And the what and when is only known by them and the gods.  Or is Google god? I get them mixed up to be honest.

DigDug

Google will be integrated into Hangouts. People are able to bring up the screen in current versions of Hangouts by acessing the Debug Menu. You can do it yourself with a nifty app.

Google will end XMPP when Android L comes around and this feature is actually activated. Till then, enjoy!

Taoman

Quote from: DigDug on July 07, 2014, 04:11:42 PM
Google will be integrated into Hangouts. People are able to bring up the screen in current versions of Hangouts by acessing the Debug Menu. You can do it yourself with a nifty app.

Google will end XMPP when Android L comes around and this feature is actually activated. Till then, enjoy!

Interesting first post. Hard to know how long that screen has actually been there and if plans have changed since then given Vic Gundrota's departure from Google and being the boss man for Google+.

drgeoff

zzricezz

Is Google Voice officially ended for OBI?  on the obi portal google voice is Offline and then switches to Connected when i refresh the page, but when I try to make a call, i get an message saying there is no service available to complete your call.

gderf

Help me OBiHai PhoneOBi. You're my only hope.

zzricezz

Last week I had to delete the gv configuration and re-add it for it to work but now doing that doesn't work anymore :(

telecomengineer

Quote from: zzricezz on July 12, 2014, 12:27:15 PM
Last week I had to delete the gv configuration and re-add it for it to work but now doing that doesn't work anymore :(

Mine still works fine.

zzricezz

mykmayk

and gv said: 'The report of my death was an exaggeration'

;D
əʞɪɯ mɪke

smithduluth

Quote from: mykmayk on July 13, 2014, 05:20:04 PM

and gv said: 'The report of my death was an exaggeration'

;D
New GV numbers are not available.

drgeoff

DigDug

QuoteCare to expand on that?

Are you some crusader for GV/XMPP? Your only action in these forms is to contradict anybody who says anything about the wind-down and /or malfunction of GV.

Apart from a sliver of instances when people have been able to grab a number, GV's number provisioning is, for all intents and purposes, broken. Google has acknowledged this issue and characterised it as an "error" in their product forums, but it is clear that they are not replenishing their number inventory meaningfully, if at all.

drgeoff

Quote from: DigDug on July 15, 2014, 04:48:14 AM
QuoteCare to expand on that?

Are you some crusader for GV/XMPP? Your only action in these forms is to contradict anybody who says anything about the wind-down and /or malfunction of GV.

Apart from a sliver of instances when people have been able to grab a number, GV's number provisioning is, for all intents and purposes, broken. Google has acknowledged this issue and characterised it as an "error" in their product forums, but it is clear that they are not replenishing their number inventory meaningfully, if at all.

Did you check all my 400+ posts?  Please look at any 20 of your choosing (or click http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?action=profile;u=12070;sa=showPosts to see recent ones) and you'll see why your "only action in these forums .. " remark is factually incorrect.

I'm not a GV/XMPP crusader.  Though I do have a GV account, GV is not one of the SPs on my OBi and I don't use XMPP.

Did you really expect to post the solitary sentence "New GV numbers are not available" without anyone asking for more detail.  I didn't say or mean to imply that your bald statement was untrue.  However it was news to me (and I expect to most readers here) so I wanted to see what evidence there was to support it.

DigDug

Did you check all my 400+ posts? [/quote]

I've read at least 5 responses in the last few days where your only addition to a thread was to comment on the GV closure issue. Maybe when I get the chance I'll list them here. But, nonetheless, it was wrong of me to attack you like that. I apologize.

drgeoff

Quote from: DigDug on July 15, 2014, 01:38:03 PM
I've read at least 5 responses in the last few days where your only addition to a thread was to comment on the GV closure issue. Maybe when I get the chance I'll list them here. But, nonetheless, it was wrong of me to attack you like that. I apologize.

Apology accepted.

Yes there have been several posts by myself and others on the "exaggerated reports of the death" of GV.  If you can provide evidence that anything I wrote was factually incorrect I will readily update what I can write in future postings on the subject.

Perhaps you did not appreciate the intended humour in my "Close but no cigar" response to your post in which you wrote "Google will be incorporated into Hangouts".  ("Voice" was missing!)

KE4JCD

Yep, Google Voive still working July 17, 2014; False Alarm! :o

MikePA

Quote from: KE4JCD on July 16, 2014, 09:54:44 PM

Wow, you're even better than telecom engineer, you can see into the future. Congrats.

mykmayk

Quote from: MikePA on July 18, 2014, 01:41:06 AM
Quote from: KE4JCD on July 16, 2014, 09:54:44 PM

Wow, you're even better than telecom engineer, you can see into the future. Congrats.

nah, his reply was on: July 16, 2014, 09:54:44 pm (PDT).  where he's at maybe in a different time zone that is already July 17.  so, he doesn't have parapsychological abilities -- just living on the east coast.

i know... i know... you're just joking.  well, i'm Sheldon.  i'm missing the sarcastic gene.
əʞɪɯ mɪke