News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Ring.to Porting

Started by giqcass, May 23, 2014, 04:47:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

giqcass

I have started the process of porting a number from Rinplus to Ring.to.  There have been no fees so far.

• I used the 10 digit phone number as my account number.
  • I used my Voicemail password as the account PIN.

May 20, 2014
QuoteCongratulations - You've just submitted a request to move your number to Ring.to!

Our system will now begin processing your order.

You'll hear from us again as soon as we confirm your transfer date and time.

This can take up to a full business day, but typically happens in just a few hours.

Thanks,
The Ring.to Team
https://ring.to/

I just Got an email today  May 23rd 2014 that says
QuoteWe just wanted to let you know that your number will be moved to Ring.to on 05-27-2014 11:30 AM EDT.

I will update this thread when the process is finished.  It's difficult to know if the holiday has delayed the process or not.

Porting complete
Tue, May 27, 2014 at 11:55 AM
QuoteCongratulations, your personal number is now active on Ring.to.

Be sure to log in and configure your number for forwarding or customize your outgoing message.

Phone Number: (xxx) xxx-xxxx

Thanks,
The Ring.to Team
https://ring.to/

Update:July19 2014
I have had no issues with the service and I paid no fees for porting to Ring.to.  I did not provide any payment info to them either.
Long live our new ObiLords!

mushnut

I hope you bought a new OBi device because they wont let you use ring.to with existing devices.

giqcass

So they say right now.  I believe there is a good chance that will change once they move out of the beta phase. Yes, that is just speculation based on very little information.  In the meantime it will work with Android.  Since I paid nothing to do this, at least not yet, I have nothing to lose.  Based on posts over there early adopters can likely expect some perks.  Being a member of this forum that people come to for support I like to test as many services as I can.  I don't have an Obi100 or Obi200 yet so who knows I might just get one.
Long live our new ObiLords!

Johnny

I just ported a number to Ring.to and it took approximately 24 hours.  Give or take an hour.

Wow!  I've ported a few numbers, from and to, other places, but have never had a port complete that fast.  Usually a port takes a week or so.

I also had an extremely easy porting procedure with no documents to upload to Ring.to.

Everything was digitally signed.  Pretty simple.

I'm considering porting other numbers to Ring.to.

Anyone know how many port ins you are allowed on one Ring.to account?

Also, is there any way to delete a number in your Ring.to account?

Thanks...

dircom

I am getting an old family phone number we used to have back in the baby bell days, installed from ATT
just for the purpose of "rescuing" it
and giving it my brother as a sentimental gift

so I want to install it one day, and port the next day
What info did you have to give them (besides the number you wanted to port)?

as far as deletion goes, you can probably email them to do it
A Ring.to FAQ refers to the limit

Why cant you lift the limit of 3 numbers if one was deleted
krisokellykrisokelly shared this idea  ·  Dec 16, 2013  ·
STARTED  ·   RingTo Support Team
ADMIN
RingTo Support Team (Admin, Ring.To) responded  ·  Mar 18, 2014
Stay tuned.... Loyal RingTo users will be rewarded with a higher quota on lifetime numbers!

Johnny

Quote from: dircom on September 12, 2014, 06:10:35 AM
I am getting an old family phone number we used to have back in the baby bell days, installed from ATT
just for the purpose of "rescuing" it
and giving it my brother as a sentimental gift

so I want to install it one day, and port the next day
What info did you have to give them (besides the number you wanted to port)?

I supplied my account number and a pin number.  Of course, my name and address.

That was it.

Good luck....