News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

New problem with PhonePower Clone Line on OBI202

Started by vaggarwa, June 09, 2014, 11:41:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

vaggarwa

Hey Guys

SO I have a weird problem....

I have had phonepower for a few weeks, and the service itself "was" running flawless.....until this past weekend.

I was able to do the Auto provisioning for the same account on SP1 and S2 with no problem.  All of a sudden this past weekend, I kept getting registration failed for both lines.  (Never had this before)

No matter what i do, whether I use the main phonepower auto provisioning, or use the alternate phonepower provisioning, I can never get the 2nd line to work. 

If I register SP1, then it registers fine.  When I register SP2, it registers, but then SP1 says it fails.  No matter what I try.

I spoke to Phonepower tier 2, who have opened a ticket for me, but bottom line is there is something wring with the auto provisioning. 

WHile troubleshooting, I noticed something OBI does during autoprovisioning, for both SP1 and SP2.  It seems OBI is changing the UserAgentPort to a value of 12060.  If I go to expert mode, it still says OBITALK default.  However, If I go to the web portal just to see, it indeed says 12060 for both SP1 and SP2.

Via the web portal, I changed UserAgentPort to 5062 for SP2, and submitted and rebooted.  Viola!  In the status page, both SP1 and SP2 showed registered.  BUT, within a few min, the OBI reboots by itself and reverts back to 12060....hence makign one of the SP's to go register failed.  I know you can only use 1 or the other...but doing this trick, I see that theres an issue with the autoprovisioning script.

Has anyone else had this problem?   Is it safe to assume that the UserAgentPort value needs to be unique for each SP?

Thanks in advance!!!

dwhitejazz

I had the same issue, but with trying to register two separate PhonePower accounts - one on SP1 and another on SP2.

PhonePower confirmed it was an auto-provisioning issue and they changed a port in my configuration so that both accounts could successfully register.

vaggarwa

Oh wow! 

So could you tell me what to say when I call?

Basically I have an OBI phonepower account that I want to use on sp1 and sp2.  I then have anothe rphone power accoutn I want to use on sp3.

Is it somethign to change on my obi or they have to change on there side?

Thanks in advance!!!

dwhitejazz

I'm not sure if they changed a port that is configured on my Obi202, or if they changed the port on their end where the registration occurs.  The only response I received from PhonePower is the following text:

"There was a port change made on this account , since you have a second number with PhonePower on the same adapter there was a port conflict as they both were registering on the same port number."

If you find out more details on what port they changed, please post it.

bebphone

Quote from: dwhitejazz on June 14, 2014, 12:25:45 PM
I'm not sure if they changed a port that is configured on my Obi202, or if they changed the port on their end where the registration occurs.  The only response I received from PhonePower is the following text:

"There was a port change made on this account , since you have a second number with PhonePower on the same adapter there was a port conflict as they both were registering on the same port number."

The problem persists, and either their techs are unaware of it, or they do not confirm they have a problem with the 202 when asked if they have seen this issue with other customers using the 202.

Wasted so much time with their incompetent techs (reinstall, reboot, change port numbers and do this over and over with the same non-result).

Unfortunately I ported my #s to them but am about to give up my paid accounts and start over with another provider. Anyone knows one that works and will not stop working after a few weeks? After all, Phonepower was working until a few weeks ago.

bebphone

Quote from: dwhitejazz on June 14, 2014, 12:25:45 PM

Did anyone figure out how to fix this? My service is still down and the PhonePower techs are apparently helpless.

dwhitejazz

We have two PhonePower accounts configured on a single Obi202 device without issues.  I still don't know what port settings they changed.  However, when I compare the settings for the two accounts in "Expert Mode" the following stands out:

SP1
LocalPortMIn 16600
LocalPortMax 16798

SP2
LocalPortMin 16800
LocalPortMax 16998

The port ranges here are not overlapping.

Stars1962

Any updates to this.

Having the same problem (I swear it worked fine when I originally setup my phonepower accounts in April 2014). But noticed I wasn't getting any inbound calls to my main phonepower line and noticed the Registration failed error.

I have updated firmware, deleted SP1 and SP2 and reprovisioned using the auto provisioning. So I guess Phonepower hasn't fixed their side yet.

What do I tell phonepower when I contact them so they understand what I need them to do?

Thanks
Mark