News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Passing CID

Started by MurrayB, September 07, 2014, 06:36:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MurrayB

I have a number of Obi 110. When a unit is forwarding a call, incoming on SP1 outgoing on SP2 both on voip.ms, is there a way to pass the incoming CID rather than the forwarding Obi name?

I also have a couple set up for simultaneous ring in two locations via the ObiTalk network again is there a way to set up the outgoing Obi110 to pass the incoming CID via voip.ms rather than the forwarding Obi name appearing on the second Obi110?

Thanks!

azrobert

How and who are you forwarding the call to?
If it's by using the ITSP A X_InboundCallRoute to a VOIP.ms user change it to:
{ph,sp2(Their_Number@sip.voip.ms;ui=$1)}

I got the URI format here:
http://wiki.voip.ms/article/SIP_URI

Calls routed over OBiTalk should pass CallerID.
How are you doing it?

MurrayB

Hi Azrobert - Thanks for the quick response.

The call forwarding is via *72 it goes to my cell phone on unanswered or busy showing the Obi110 CID. The use of the star code allows me to turn forwarding on/off at will.

The incoming call dual ring between two different Obi110 is via ObiTalk and is accomplished by an inbound call route from RonR. The CID shows the name of the other Obi110 whichever direction.

Thanks again!

azrobert

When you use a service provider to forward a call by placing a new outbound call, the callerid will be the service provider's and not the original callerid.
If you can forward the call directly to the person via SIP URI the original callerid can be passed.

I assume you have CallForwardUncondionalNumber set to a number like 18005551212.
This will use the service provider on the primary line to make a new call to forward the number and the callerid of your service provider will be used.

Does the person you're forwarding to have an account at a SIP service provider?
If yes, change CallForwardUncondionalNumber to something like:
sp2(Their_Number@sip.voip.ms;ui=$1)

$1 is a variable that contains the inbound callerid.

Are you using an inbound route like the following to forward over OBiTalk?
{ph,pp(ob200123456)}

Then on the other OBi are you sending the call to the phone port?

When I did this in the past the original callerid was used.

MurrayB

Hi Azrobert

The call forwarding is purely to my cell phone: voip.ms to AT&T so that answers that. But you provided good information and food for thought how to route the forwarded calls. I wonder if I set up another SIP account on Voip.ms forward via *72 to that account per your string and via voip.ms to the AT&T cell phone. I am not sure if the $1 variable is the incoming CID.

The other condition to a second Obi via ObiTalk I forgot was called forking. I have not used this service since I changed to Voip.ms from Verizon. I plan to make use of it again. I will have to change the inbound call route on the SP. The line port which is no longer active inbound call route: {ph,pp1(obxxxxxxxxx)}. This provided the name of the Obi on the other end of the forked call.

azrobert

I don't understand how the call gets from the 2nd VOIP.ms account to your cell. Do they have a call forward function that passes the original callerid?

Here is another way:
Get a 2nd VOIP.ms account.
Install a softphone on your cell and register it to the 2nd account.
Change CallForwardUncondionalNumber to: sp2(2nd_Number@sip.voip.ms;ui=$1)

If there are any charges for a 2nd VOIP.ms account, get a free account at Sip2Sip.
Here: https://mdns.sipthor.net/register_sip_account.phtml
Register the cell to Sip2Sip.
Change CallForwardUncondionalNumber to: sp2(acct_number@sip2sip.info;ui=$1)

The $1 variable contains the callerid of the inbound call.
ui is userid.
if userid is not specified, the userid of the SP trunk will be used.

I just tried forking an inbound call on SP1 to my 2nd OBi via OBiTalk. The phone connected on the 2nd OBi correctly displayed the callerid of the inbound call.

MurrayB

I have to think more about the forwarding. You gave me some great data. I have to see if I can develop the scenario you indicated via voip.ms. I can forward DID via the website which pass the CID I have to figure out if I can forward a SIP sub-account without a DID.

As for the forking I dismantled that set up first of the year awaiting another location. I have to hook it up and give it a try. Of course I have to move the forking string from the line port to SPx.

Here is a thought that just crossed my mind. If there was no CID on the line port would the display name of the Obi appear in lieu of the CID of the forked call?

Thanks!

ianobi

QuoteHere is a thought that just crossed my mind. If there was no CID on the line port would the display name of the Obi appear in lieu of the CID of the forked call?

Yes. If the OBi receives no CallerID from any incoming call, then it will insert its own CallerID and CName and forward that to called OBi / phone / endpoint.

MurrayB

Thanks Ianobi - As I was working this post I realized that the forking was on the line ports which had no CID service and was probably presenting the name of the forking Obi in lieu of a CID.

I was experimenting with various voip.ms scenarios and getting no joy. They offer a call forwarding that is either set on/off or a forwarding on no answer but it has a fixed number or rings which is large and probably useless. There is not a variable with a selection of rings before forward like the Obi which would be ideal. I will do a feature request with voip.ms this feature was probably asked for previously but my request may add reinforcement.