News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Solid Green Light - Message "Network Status: IP Address Not Available"

Started by Karson, October 10, 2014, 05:27:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Karson

I recently moved and got all our networking devices re-setup at our new home.

The problem is, the Obi202 will not work.  I continually get "Network Status: IP Address Not Available".  I reset the device back to all factory settings, configured it back into bridge mode via IVR, then uploaded a working backup I've been using for months from the WebUI.  I can even get as far as the device registering with voip.ms, but the IVR message still comes up every time I try to do something as simple as check my voicemail.

So that begs the question, if I can ping the device and it responds with a valid DHCP scope IP from my pfSense router, what does IP Address Not available mean? ??? ??? ???

Modem, router, Obi, switch, have all been rebooted multiple times.  I've got syslog files dumping to my NAS, and at severity level 7 (debug) it doesn't lend itself to any useful information either.

I was on build 3550 (I think?) and gave 4420 a shot last night, but still no good.

Thoughts anyone?  I've had a ticket in with Obi for two days, but I'm not getting any response beyond the initial email back saying to reboot all my devices.

hwittenb

My first thought is, do you have the Network setup for DHCP where your router gives you an ip address or do you have it setup for a Static ip address.  If the latter I believe you need to also specify the DNS server(s).

Karson

Thanks htwittenb.  My pfSense router (if that's what you're referring to) hands out DHCP leases automatically.  If you meant network specific to my Obi, that's also set to DHCP as well.

hwittenb

I initially missed the fact that you said the SPx configured for voip.ms showed registered.  If this is the case the internet is not down.

You said "Solid Green Light".  Which light is solid green? 

The Network Light which normally blinks with activity from the OBI202?  It blinks whether when it sends something to the router whether or not the router is working.

The Phone Light which blinks when you take the phone off hook?  It is solid green whether or not a phone is plugged in.  If the light stays solid green when you take the phone off hook that could indicate that there is something wrong with the cable or phone.

You said an IVR says Network Status: IP Address Not Available.  Do you believe this is an IVR from the OBi202?