News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Simultaneous Ring Not Working

Started by richheimlich, November 13, 2014, 09:47:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

richheimlich

Guys,

I use my Obi with ViaTalk and it's been a GREAT experience. For a decade I've looked the other way with minor annoyances like DTMF tones and some callers not being able to hear me now and then. The rest of their service is THAT good that I've just traded those off. However, now that I've switched to this adapter it's become a totally reliable service across the board -- with one exception:

ViaTalk support Simultaneous Ring. However, since hooking the adapter up, it nearly never works. Once in a great while it WILL actually work, but VERY rarely.

Is there some sort of setting I need to address for this? Is it a known issue?

Thanks.

azrobert

With simultaneous ring one call is going to the OBi and the other is going from ViaTalk directly to the 2nd phone, so I can't see this being an OBi problem. I suggest contacting ViaTalk support.

Another option is to use the OBi to send the inbound call to a 2nd phone.
Assuming ViaTalk is defined on SP1.

Voice Services -> SP1 Service -> X_InboundCallRoute:
ph,sp1(14801234567)

14801234567 is the number where you want the call sent.
The above requires ViaTalk to support simultaneously an inbound and outbound call to/from the OBi.
The person called will see ViaTalk's callerid, not the inbound callerid.

If you are calling a smartphone, you could install a softphone on the Cell phone and send the call via SIP. Using this method you can send the inbound callerid to the Cell phone.

richheimlich

Well this is quite interesting. Much to my surprise I found the following (with some privacy editing) in that field when I got there:

{(x.6105551234):aa},{>18565551555:ph}

The first number is actually my fiance's cell phone number! The second number is my main number.

Can you make heads of tails of that?

azrobert

You must have added her cell phone as a trusted caller. If she calls your OBi her call will be forwarded to the Auto Attendant. If you don't want this remove "{(x.6105551234):aa},".

The other rule is to block SIP scanners. This is a good thing. Ignore my previous suggestion and use:
{>18565551555:ph,sp1(14801234567)}

richheimlich

Thanks Robert. If I don't end up liking how it works what would a default entry look like that still blocks the SIP scanners?

{>18565551555:ph}

That perhaps?

azrobert