News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Phone Power not working?

Started by johnrandolph, November 18, 2014, 03:23:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

johnrandolph

I just noticed that I can't make or receive any calls with my PP account.

I have it configured on an Obi 202 on SP1 and up to now it worked fine.

I have made no changes to the Obi.

I also, just now, upgraded to the latest firmware hoping that might be the problem.  It wasn't.

The error message I'm getting is this: Register failed: 403 From: URI not recognized.

Any idea guys?

Thanks.

I found this by Googling:

http://www.phonepower.com/wiki/Obihai_Lite#ReSyncing_your_ObiHai

I resynced the device as per their instructions and that didn't work either.

johnrandolph

Well, after contacting Phone Power's support folks, all seems to be working again.

Apparently they had to tweak a few things on their end and I'm back in business.

Must say, PP's support was quick and very helpful.

Over and out...............

Mooserator

I had the exact same thing with Phonepower last week.  I power cycled our Obi200 and everything came back online.  Since that, I have disabled SIP ALG in our router.  No re-occurrences since...hoping that was it.  SIP ALG appears to be a frequent issue with Phonepower, in addition to various other VoIP services...

johnrandolph

Yeah, I've had Sip Alg disabled for a long time and it was definitely an issue earlier on with another one of my Voip providers.

As I said, it seems as though I'm able to make and receive calls now, but the error message that I mentioned in my first post is still showing on my Obi dashboard.

Weird huh?

Mooserator

Yes and no.  My Obitalk dashboard is currently completely offline.  It shows my Obi200 unit as down/offline, however that could not be further from the truth.  It is online, all green lights, able to make and receive calls on both GV (SP1) and PP (SP2). 

I am theorizing Obihai, or something in between, is currently having issues that make the portal unable to connect with the Obi unit.  Not the only one having the issue either - see this thread over in the Day to Day section, http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=9020.0

Mooserator

My portal just came up in the past few minutes.  Everything connects correctly and reports normal.  Hope yours is fixed too...!  No idea what changed - it was not anything on my home end.

johnrandolph

Quote from: Mooserator on November 19, 2014, 09:43:54 AM
My portal just came up in the past few minutes.  Everything connects correctly and reports normal.  Hope yours is fixed too...!  No idea what changed - it was not anything on my home end.

Yeah, me too.  Everything is registered and connected as it should be.  No more error message.

Thanks for your input..