News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

No Message Waiting Indicator OBi1032 using RingTo service

Started by BHerz, November 24, 2014, 10:01:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BHerz

No Message Waiting Indicator on OBi1032. when using RingTo as provider.
Phone is working as expected except the MWI Lamp does not light when a voicemail message is left on the RingTo email account.

Looked at the system Settings using the OBi1032 IP address / login.
Noticed that there is a Disabled parameter set on by default. unchecked Default and rebooted phone.
Still no light.

What are the proper parameter settings in the section VMWI Lamp section to have the LED Lamp light when a new voicemail has been left?

Are there any other settings that needs to be set?

Thanks
BHerz

MarkObihai

You can switch MWI on or off for your service under SPx :: Calling Features with the options MWIEnable, X_VMWIEnable and MessageWaiting

You need to ensure that your voice service also supports MWI.

The settings in your screen shot above control the behaviour of the lamp only (For example flashing duration and so forth)
Obihai Technology (London, United Kingdom)

ceg3

I don't think RingTo even offers MWI, but maybe it does for the 1032.

BTW, Mark I tried to port a GV number to RingTo yesterday to try it out and at step 2 in the process I tried get to use my brand new subscription for Anveo E911, but couldn't make it work.  Is Obihai not going allow this exception?

MarkObihai

I'm not familiar with the detailed offerings of all the service providers, so it's definitely worth checking with Ringto that they support MWI if it continues to not work after changing the settings above.

Obihai doesn't manage any "permissions" for voice services, I would check with Anveo support to see why this isn't working.  As a guess, perhaps it doesn't activate until the GV number has ported? 
Obihai Technology (London, United Kingdom)

ceg3

Received this reply from RingTo about the issue.

Hi,

Not sure that we can help you here. Obihai controls the process on their side. If the Anveo 911 is not setup through the right signup flow, you may not be able to get past step 2 on the RingTo signup page.

Brad

rolandh

Quote from: ceg3 on November 25, 2014, 09:38:36 AM
Received this reply from RingTo about the issue.

Hi,

Not sure that we can help you here. Obihai controls the process on their side. If the Anveo 911 is not setup through the right signup flow, you may not be able to get past step 2 on the RingTo signup page.

Brad

Hi,

I'd like to see if we might gain some clarity regarding the Obihai, Anveo, RingTo 911 configuration situation. Does the SP slot configured for Anveo in your OBi Dashboard read Anveo E911 for RingTo as mine does?

Thanks! Roland

ceg3

No it doesn't, because I exited out of the process.  Did you purchase Anveo E911 at the time of porting to RingTo or did you already own a subscription when you started the process?  That is difference I'm referring to.  Of course, if I went through step 2 and ordered a new subscription it would all work and I would see what you see.  What I tried to do was use the subscription I purchased last week.  When the process directly me to log into my Anveo account it said I didn't have the right subscription (or words to that affect).

The system just doesn't seem set up to make that accommodation, although it is possible I could open a ticket with Anveo and get the results I wanted.  Giving it a try was kind of an impulse any way, so all I've lost at this point is 3.00 to unlock my GV number.

rolandh

I believe you are correct sir in that Obihai/Anveo treat the RingTo bundled 911 service as a separate distinct subscription from 911 service otherwise purchased from Anveo. In theory, opening a ticket with Anveo asking that they either convert the account or close and refund the existing account so that you could open a new account when provisioning RingTo. I did purchase Anveo 911 through the RingTo provisioning process.

FWIW, I use and like RingTo and I understand their position regarding 911. That said, the process put in place by Obihai/Anveo seems needlessly complicated.

Thanks for the reply,

Roland