News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Obi202 shows voicemail notifications on both phones

Started by Ansextra, December 05, 2014, 08:19:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ansextra

I have two phones set up on my Obi202.  When SP2 gets a voicemail it shows up on SP1 as well.  When the VM on SP2 is cleared it clears on SP1 as well.  Is there any setting I can use so this doesn't happen?  I need my two phones to be independent.

BigJim_McD

Quote from: Ansextra on December 05, 2014, 08:19:19 PM
I have two phones set up on my Obi202.  When SP2 gets a voicemail it shows up on SP1 as well.  When the VM on SP2 is cleared it clears on SP1 as well.  Is there any setting I can use so this doesn't happen?  I need my two phones to be independent.

Ansextra,
If you are using "OBiTalk" to configure your OBi202, check the following.

OBiTalk >  Device Configuration - OBi202 >

Phone Port Configuration Summary  {Example from my OBi202}
                                                              Phone 1        Phone 2
Primary Line for Outgoing Calls Route to:   SP2                SP2
Phone Rings on Incoming Calls from:         SP1,SP2,SP3    SP4
Voicemail Notification Alert from:              SP1                SP1,SP3,SP4
Emergency Service Call Routes to:            SP1                SP1

The options are configured by selecting Settings under:
>  Configure Voice Service Providers (SP)  {Configure each SP}

Service Provider Set-Up
Configuration Name         OBi202 xxxxx
Primary Line for Outgoing Calls         [ ] Phone 1   [ ] Phone 2
Incoming Calls Will Ring On              [ ] Phone 1   [ ] Phone 2
Voicemail Notification (Optional)       [ ] Phone 1   [ ] Phone 2
BigJimMcD

Ansextra

Hi Big Jim,

I found where you are talking about but where do I make those changes?  I don't see those setting options anywhere. 

On my chart there is no information next to Voicemail Notification Alert From:

Thanks for the assist.

BigJim_McD

Ansextra,

From OBiTalk "OBi Dashboard"  Click on:  OBi202 <xxxNamexxx>

You should now be at: 
Device Configuration - OBi202  <xxxNamexxx>

Under:  "Configure Voice Service Providers (SP)"
             "Service Provider Set-Up"
Click on the "GEAR" under Settings for the SP1, SP2, SP3 or SP4 that you want to change.

Click to "Accept" the 911 Warning

Click the "Phone Settings" checkbox for phone you want VM Notifications on for the "SPx" that you are updating:

Voicemail Notification (Optional)       [ ] Phone 1   [ ] Phone 2

Click "Submit".

Return to the:  OBi202  <xxxNamexxx>  "Device Configuration"

Repeat the steps for each "Service Providers"  "SPx" that you want to reconfigure.
BigJimMcD

Ansextra

BigJim,

I believe I am where you are talking about but below is what I'm seeing (as best as I can show it).  There are only phone checkboxes for:

Primary Line for Outgoing Calls   Phone1 [checkbox] Phone 2 [checkbox]
Incoming Calls Will Ring On        Phone1 [checkbox] Phone 2 [checkbox]

7-Digit Dialing for USA & CAN   

I see nothing for Voicemail Notification.

Ansextra

BigJim,

Just as a test I tried setting up SP4 (not currently set up).  If I choose Generic Service Provider (not Voipo which is my provider) I get that option you are referring to.  Do I lose anything by setting up my provider as generic vs the pre-configured provider list?  I can certainly type in my SIP information.  I'm wondering if anything else is specific to my provider in the pre-configured list.

Ansextra

According to Voipo I don't lose anything by setting up Generic.  I am still getting voicemail notification messages on both phones though.  I would think the lines should be separate?  I can't figure this out at all.  I've written back and forth to Obi support but it would certainly be alot easier if I could call them.

ic3nin3

I also have the same problem, I just got this device on tuesday dec 9th, 2014. I've seen all the walkthrough set up and blah blah, each one shows voice notification during the google voice setup. But when I set up google voice on my obi202 I dont see that option. I went and clicked on reconfigure and selected google voice and still dont see that option.

Ansextra

Not sure how it will work with GV but I ended up re-defaulting all settings and then the problem seems to have disappeared.  Obi also had asked for my login info to check things in their lab because they couldn't figure out the issue but I haven't gotten any feedback from that so I'm not sure if I fixed it or they did something remotely.  I seem to recall back when I got my Obi100 you were able to call support directly.  Apparently that option is gone and everything is thru email which is far more difficult as far as I'm concerned.