News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

obi dashboard firmware update not working for obi202

Started by GC_convertee, December 15, 2014, 04:24:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GC_convertee

Hi
Phones still work
I wanted to juggle around which google voice numbers ring which ports on my two line phone
Went to settings and before it (the dashboard page) would let me change any settings it required an update
(yellow triangle)
I clicked ok a few times throughout the day today and did not seem to update
I think at one point after the updating screen finished, it said could not update
I waited a decent amount of time between attempts
I am not home now to look at it
I did not try manual update
I don't know how to tell via the dashboard my current firmware version
I dont know when I last updated
I was one of those people who bought a vestalink account, when GV said they were stopping support
I have not used or setup vestalink, but I paid for it for one line (I have 4 gv nums)
Thanks
G
GrandCentral in 2004, had Gizmo5 acct
Analog Fax working IB & OB...
efax acct revoked
faxzero.com (<=2 free/$2 for 3+pgs)
Linksys SPA-2102 ATA 2 Sipgate lines/free accts, $20 balance for OB faxes dialing
Obi110 2 GV accts No POTS/FXO
Panasonic kx-tga939t Dect Cordless -  Ans machine OFF

SteveInWA

Log onto your OBiTALK account on their portal.  Find your 202 in the list of your installed devices.  Click on it.  Get into Expert configuration mode (if you previously set up the shortcut method, you can click on the "E" icon; otherwise, click the buttons and (redundant) confirmation to get to expert mode).

Click Status --> System Status.  If it doesn't display the complete system status, you may need to reboot the OBi.

You'll then see the firmware version, which should be 3.0.1 Build 4477.

If it's older than that, there are several ways to update it.

Since you have apparently been using the device for a long time, if you haven't configured GV via the OBiTALK portal since spring 2014, you should delete the device off of the portal, factory reset it, then add it back again via the **5 procedure, and then configure Google Voice again, as described in my instructions, here:

http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=8560.msg56460#msg56460

Alternatively, you can download the firmware from the OBihai website and then manually upload it to your device, but you do need to do the GV configuration from the portal, not the local interface.

http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=9.0

GC_convertee

Thank you Steve,
You are a scholar and a gentleman
I haven't monkeyed with it yet or gone through your guide, but not having to reconfig the 4 gv accounts is nice
Actually pinged obihai support too, waiting on response from them (but maybe you work for them?)

HardwareVersion   1.4      help
SoftwareVersion   3.0.1 (Build: 4041)      help
SystemTime   07:35:32 12/16/2014, Tuesday      help
UpTime   0 Days 23:00:36      help
CertificatesStatus   Installed      help
CustomizationStatus   Generic      help
GrandCentral in 2004, had Gizmo5 acct
Analog Fax working IB & OB...
efax acct revoked
faxzero.com (<=2 free/$2 for 3+pgs)
Linksys SPA-2102 ATA 2 Sipgate lines/free accts, $20 balance for OB faxes dialing
Obi110 2 GV accts No POTS/FXO
Panasonic kx-tga939t Dect Cordless -  Ans machine OFF

SteveInWA

Nope, I don't work for Obihai.

Your firmware is considerably down-level.  Time to upgrade and follow my guide.  It'll take longer to read it than to actually do it.

If you have four different Google Voice accounts, then you will need to log onto them, one at a time, configure the desired SP slot for that GV account, then log off of the GV account, log into the next one, lather, rinse and repeat.