News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Way to monitor & report line status in Obitalk?

Started by JerryinHouston, January 17, 2015, 07:15:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JerryinHouston

Is there a way to monitor the line status and report if a connection is lost?

More specifically, if a connection fails or drops, is there a way to report this by some app or script or something?

I have had some Internet connection interruptions and apparently my Obi202 doesn't automatically reconnect. Even a remote reboot won't restore the connection, I have to power down the box.

Since the connection status is monitored by Obitalk, a web application, I am thinking there must be a way to monitor the connection status of SP1 or Sp2 or both and report if there is a problem. Much like you can sign up for a web monitoring service to report if a web site is down.

Any ideas?

Mango

I'd rather see you solve the problem that is preventing your OBi from reconnecting after an outage.  Next time this happens, change your X_UserAgentPort, save, and reboot.  If that solves the problem, your router had a corrupted NAT connection, which can be worked around by adjusting timeouts.

JerryinHouston

Mango,

Thank you for the reply, it has caused me to do more research and reading which, while useful, is overwhelming.

One detail to note is I am using Google Voice numbers for SP1 and SP2.

I found a reference that says the parameter you mentioned is ignored in a GV setup. Specifically the text is:

When Google Voice is selected as the protocol, all the other ITSP Profile parameters are ignored except the DigitMap parameter. The following SP1/SP2 Service parameters are also ignored:

-          X_Codec_Profile, X_RegisterEnable, X_UserAgentPort, X_SipDebugOption
-          X_KeepAliveEnable, X_KeepAliveExpires, X_KeepAliveServer, X_KeepAliveServerPort, X_KeepAliveMsgType
-          URI, MaxSessions, X_AcceptDialogSubscription, X_AcceptLinePortStatusSubscription

The source for this is http://www.obihai.com/OBiDeviceAdminGuide#_Toc367543035